Their money
25 41%
I don't know
4 7%
Geddy Lee
27 44%
Voters: 61.
Page 1 of 2
With the jailing of Lindsay Lohan, I've noticed something that is really starting to hack me off.

Celebrities who get dragged into the courts always seem to get pathetic sentences before being given pratical luxury treatment in jail and being released early.

I know a lot of it is to do with the legal representation, but why? Surely someone in the public eye should be punished more?
Yeah, it's like when famous trolls get banned and then re-appear about a week later.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Because they're more important than us.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by MightyAl
Because they give the judge a blowjob just before sentencing.

I can understand with Lindsay Lohan but lil Wayne...

Wait, I can understand that too.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
It's called bail, and usually stars can afford to pay it.

I'm not talking about bail, I'm talking about when they're hauled into court and found guilty.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
With the jailing of Lindsay Lohan, I've noticed something that is really starting to hack me off.

Celebrities who get dragged into the courts always seem to get pathetic sentences before being given pratical luxury treatment in jail and being released early.

I know a lot of it is to do with the legal representation, but why? Surely someone in the public eye should be punished more?

Why?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Why?

Yeah, I'd like to know why as well.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Jackal58
Why?

I suppose he means make an example of them. Personally I think sentencing needs an overhaul. Some things are way too harsh in comparison to things like rape and child abuse which get sickeningly weak sentences a lot of the time.
Quote by Jackal58
Why?

They're in the public eye and a lot of people look up to and respect them. If they see that celebrity getting away with a serious crime with a weak sentence, particularly in the case of teenagers and celebrities, chances are they'll see it as acceptable.
I'd geddy the ****ing lee out of them if I were a judge.

(Yes, I voted the joke option.)
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by Jackal58
Why?

I think he means to set more of an example.

I don't agree with that, but I do know what you mean. I think a lot of it is down to having the best lawyers and the most money to throw about.
Quote by Jackal58
Why?

You could argue that Lohan is some form of role model for girls, possibly.

Maybe it's because she's in the public eye that they get weak sentences for drug-related offences. People are more likely to question the law in a high-profile case.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
sad thing is that the joke option in the poll is winning...

Do you know where you are?

You're in the Jungle Pit, baby, you're gonna die!
Quote by Bearded_Seth
It's called bail, and usually stars can afford to pay it.

This.

And seriously, 'Geddy Lee'? Come on Fassa. I love Rush but I just want to hurt you.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
They're in the public eye and a lot of people look up to and respect them. If they see that celebrity getting away with a serious crime with a weak sentence, particularly in the case of teenagers and celebrities, chances are they'll see it as acceptable.

Who, apart from a mentally challeneged person, would do that?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by benonbass1
I think he means to set more of an example.

I don't agree with that, but I do know what you mean. I think a lot of it is down to having the best lawyers and the most money to throw about.

Set an example to who. Other Hollywood whores?

Quote by gabcd86
You could argue that Lohan is some form of role model for girls, possibly.

Maybe it's because she's in the public eye that they get weak sentences for drug-related offences. People are more likely to question the law in a high-profile case.

She was sentenced for contempt. She would never have gone to jail the first time around if she didn't think she was special.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by damian_91
Who, apart from a mentally challeneged person, would do that?

You've obviously never heard of fan-girls, have you?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
GnR FTW!

Not related to anything, but Appetite was released 23 years ago today.
Quote by sfaune92
You've obviously never heard of fan-girls, have you?

If they do that then they fall under that category.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Can you cite some cases of celebrities getting less jail time than the average amount of jail time for the same conviction?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by Dream Floyd
This.

And seriously, 'Geddy Lee'? Come on Fassa. I love Rush but I just want to hurt you.

I was going to have 'Alex Lifeson' as a joke option...then I realized that wasn't a good idea...
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Only if you're a fuc[/b[]/b]king moron.
No to double standards.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
more than likely, money. but, that's not restricted to celebrities.

also, I'm less concerned with celebrities getting "light" sentencing than with a child molester or a rapist going to jail for only eight months. I don't give a fuck about petty theft or DUIs.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I was going to have 'Alex Lifeson' as a joke option...then I realized that wasn't a good idea...

You know what's even better? Having no joke option at all; works wonders!

Quote by MakinLattes
I'm less concerned with celebrities getting "light" sentencing than with a child molester or a rapist going to jail for only eight months.

Eight months is basically death for them; even the worst of criminals looks down upon them. (8 * 30 = 240 times plowed in the ass.)
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by sfaune92
You know what's even better? Havin no joke option at all; works wonders!

You're no fun...
^ I shouldn't say much on the topic; I voted the joke option myself...
Lohan is being jailed for a violation of probation on a previous DUI charge. the average sentence of this is anywhere from 30-190 days (depending on how they violated their probation, particular judges etc)

now put in the fact that she has the best lawyers in the world : 90 day sentence sounds about right!

not saying that she will serve all that because she wont! basically do some research and stop reading the daily mail...

oh and OJ simpson: serving 33 years

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28067187/

lil wayne: 1 year

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/09/rapper-lil-wayne-prison-rikers-island
Last edited by funny_page at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by metacarpi
Yeah, it's like when famous trolls get banned and then re-appear about a week later.

He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
You forgot really good attorney's in the poll.

Christ.. Vince Neil only got thrity days and he killed somebody.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by metacarpi

Even worse when they return after a couple of days.
Page 1 of 2