well i have a show in a couple of weeks and i was trying to figure out how to extend my footswitch using another cable to the back of my amps footswitch input. i bought a 1/4" to 1/4" connector piece, with two "female" ends if you get wat im talkin about. the problem is, only one button works through it, the other has no effect.

so im lookin for a solution to this problem, and an explanation as to why only one button works through the connector. i have a Vox valvetronix 100watt tube amp, and the footswitch model is VFS2. any solutions or advice is greatly appreciated. thanks!

EDIT: and does anybody know if the VFS2A footswitch could be used in place of VFS2?
DECRESCENDO
Last edited by CrabSoldier X at Jul 21, 2010,
It's a stereo pedal cord going into a mono adapter. Possibly.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
You're using different kinds of cables. If the switch has more than a single button then it uses a stereo jack, while you probably are using a mono connector.
I do exactly this with the exact same amp and footswitch.

You need a stereo female to female connector and a stereo lead.

e.g

EDIT: The VFS2A will work, as will most other 2 button footswitches.

I don't know if the LEDs will work however as apparently they don't on the Vox pathfinder models.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Last edited by Sampy at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by ziggymidget
You're using different kinds of cables. If the switch has more than a single button then it uses a stereo jack, while you probably are using a mono connector.

yes i know, but the connector i bought said "stereo to mono" compatibility?
DECRESCENDO
Quote by CrabSoldier X

But you still need a stereo cable. It doesn't matter if the adapter is stereo if the cable is mono.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by CrabSoldier X

That's with audio like headphones where that matters. You've gotta have stereo to stereo to make it work.

Because one channel carries the signal for the distortion/clean and the other turns on and off the effects or whatever it is. If the adapter is stereo>mono all your amp gets is the tip and no ring because the ring gets grounded.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
ok thanks for the help. so to get this straight, all i have to do is get a stereo cable to connect to the footswitch with the connector i already have, and then into the amp. just askin so i dont go buyin anymore shit i dont need.
DECRESCENDO
Quote by CrabSoldier X
ok thanks for the help. so to get this straight, all i have to do is get a stereo cable to connect to the footswitch with the connector i already have, and then into the amp. just askin so i dont go buyin anymore shit i dont need.

ONLY if the adapter is stereo-stereo. If there's mono anywhere involved you'll keep having issues.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.