Page 1 of 2
I bought a slab of Sapele today... It shall be mated to my Walnut neck and rosewood fretboard setting upstairs....

next comes 7 saddles from Strandberg

ALL TO MAKE THIS

well, kinda
Last edited by customisbetter at Jul 23, 2010,
Alternatively I could make a headless RG type build, but that would mess up the bridge distance, and i really want the bridge to stick out the back for optimum comfort and portability. I hope to take this guitar everywhere when i travel, and mobility is a huge priority.
Do it, man. That's going to be the worlds most comfortable seven-string when you're done. Although, if it were me, I'd not bother with the leg rest(s). They look a wee bit silly, imo.
Imo, just the back one on the bottom should be made like the back top. But it's your guitar, so build it however the hell you want. I really like the color too.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Looks awesome!
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.
looks fackin awesome.
what color saddles are you gettin?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
sorry dude, but that looks ****in' ugly.

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Burled Walnut? I still think the shape looks pretty good, but the thing that bugs me personally is that little indent near the controls... Also, your switch looks a little far away from the knobs.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
i dunno... i kinda like it... in an ugly guitar kinda way...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I don't like the body shape at all. the main thing is the part where the ass end of it curves inward. I guess you're meant to sit it on your right leg there, but it just doesn't look good to me.
come on, just change the shape a little to something like this ...

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
No, we don't expect you to change it at all, we are just stating our opinions, it's your guitar after all.

And you never answered, in that mock up, was that a Burled Walnut top, and is that just for the mockup, or for the actual guitar too?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
well, I can tell you're gonna get a lot of attention from that guitar, albeit not the good kind

-Schecter Diamond Series C1 Classic
-1984 Takamine G335
-Squier bullet strat
-MXR 6 band EQ
-Ibanez PH10
-Crate v18 112
Quote by MonkeyLink07
No, we don't expect you to change it at all, we are just stating our opinions, it's your guitar after all.

And you never answered, in that mock up, was that a Burled Walnut top, and is that just for the mockup, or for the actual guitar too?

The mockup i believe is redwood burl, but i am actually using a Ash bul, although it will be dyed a bit.

here is a pic on my top...

Dont do a thing to the shape! I love ergonomic shapes and they are visually appealing if people can learn to step out of their comfort zones. Im also happy to see some people around here trying headless concepts. Im so sick of people building the same old things. Seriously.. why would you build another strat or les paul or sg? Build something unique if youre going to put so much time and care into it!
"A dog returns to its own vomit"
i like your shoes and i kinda like the shape, i imagine some kind of prog being played on it
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
*glances at guitar*

*Squints really hard*

: D
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Seems I'm in the minority - I love the shape!
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by Tone Deaf
*glances at guitar*

*Squints really hard*

-The USA-

: D

That's awesome!

And the wood is really nice too, how do you pronounce Chakte-Coc though?

I kind of think like "Chalk Da Cock"

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Hi, I've wanted to build a headless guitar for ages (and failed horribly to come up with my own way to tune them.) I don't want to have a steinberger bridge - what are you using for yours?

EDIT: didn't make much sense - how are you tuning yours? Is the bridge a fixed bridge with built in tuner things? I'd be interested in trying to get hold of something like that.
I have plans for a headless guitar, but it's likely nothing like what you guys would prefer
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Page 1 of 2