For gigging, i've decided to buy a Marshall MB 4210, but may yet get the 4410.

The MB 4210 has 2x10 speakers and is 300w of power.

I love this amp, when i played it in the shop, i just didn't have the money, and was thinking about a BA 115.

My question is, would this amp be too big to use at home for practise and recording?

The room i would use it in is a 17ft by 12ft attic room, which is also a bedroom.

The room has carpets and will soon have a curtain instead of a blind.

Will this all be too much to use at home? Or will i be able to use at home no problem?
Quote by morson93
For gigging, i've decided to buy a Marshall MB 4210, but may yet get the 4410.

The MB 4210 has 2x10 speakers and is 300w of power.

I love this amp, when i played it in the shop, i just didn't have the money, and was thinking about a BA 115.

My question is, would this amp be too big to use at home for practise and recording?

The room i would use it in is a 17ft by 12ft attic room, which is also a bedroom.

The room has carpets and will soon have a curtain instead of a blind.

Will this all be too much to use at home? Or will i be able to use at home no problem?

is bass amp. bass stuff is that a way.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by 09phillt
It has a volume knob for a reason.

x2 I don't think there is ever to much power. The volume knob does a great job fixing this problem.
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
i know it has a volume knob, but will it not sound rubbish at a low volume?
Quote by morson93

Solid State power section, won't distort like tube amps. You really don't want it above half it's potential volume anyway, because SS amps risk blowing the speakers. Trust me, it's not too powerful.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by morson93

naw, I think you should be good
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
Ive never had less then a 500 watt, simply for the fatc of headroom. It means im never maxing out my amp, and damaging speakers amp etc. Go for as many watts as you think you need but 300 is a good round number.

And i use my gigginy rig as my practise rig aswell. Aa has ben said their is a volume knob.

And btw those marshall bass amps a shite, they get lost in the mix so easily and are underpowered. The head is ok but the cabs are terrible.

EDIT: How does solid state risk blowing speakers. Never heard this in my whole life.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Last edited by fatgoogle at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by fatgoogle
Ive never had less then a 500 watt, simply for the fatc of headroom. It means im never maxing out my amp, and damaging speakers amp etc. Go for as many watts as you think you need but 300 is a good round number.

And i use my gigginy rig as my practise rig aswell. Aa has ben said their is a volume knob.

And btw those marshall bass amps a shite, they get lost in the mix so easily and are underpowered. The head is ok but the cabs are terrible.

EDIT: How does solid state risk blowing speakers. Never heard this in my whole life.

Solid state itself doesn't run the risk of blowing speakers, it's more likely to blow speakers using a solid state power amp than a tube power amp when at high volumes. A solid state amp should *never* be turned up above half its potential volume, ever. Firstly it sounds like shit because of inherent differences in how transistors distort opposed to tubes and secondly, that's when you begin to run those risks. I've had friends who've had these experiences with SS amps, they got pretty pissed, but they learned their lesson.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by Karlboy
Solid state itself doesn't run the risk of blowing speakers, it's more likely to blow speakers using a solid state power amp than a tube power amp when at high volumes. A solid state amp should *never* be turned up above half its potential volume, ever. Firstly it sounds like shit because of inherent differences in how transistors distort opposed to tubes and secondly, that's when you begin to run those risks. I've had friends who've had these experiences with SS amps, they got pretty pissed, but they learned their lesson.
This.

It all has to do with how the amps peak/clip. When tube amps approach their maximum input levels, the signal becomes less linear therefore compressing the sound (this is called "soft clipping"). SS amps on the other hand are more linear when they approach their peak, thus the signal is clipped without compression (this is called "hard clipping") causing the power output to exceed the power rating. This is what can potentially damage a speaker.

Feel free to check me on any of that information anyone.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
If it's a bad amp, then what can i get for about 350 for gigging, using at home and recording tracks at home? I want something with a nice punchy punk tone, i would like an ampeg but i don't have ampeg money
Gallien-Krueger 400RB FTW!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."