Does anyone know a Fuzz box that sounds like Coheed and Cambria's Second Stage Turbine Blade?? Playing Time Consumer for a school talent show in late august. thanks.
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
It's probably amp gain at that point in time, maybe boosted but I doubt it. So...

RAT?

EDIT: Yeah, back then Claudio was using a Triple Rectifier and Travis was either with his TSL or his JCM900. Either way, Marshall toanz.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Last edited by walruscore at Jul 21, 2010,
would the- VooDoo Lab Sparkle Drive Overdrive/Boost do it????
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Listening to the song again for reference. My first impression would be to go with an actual distortion rather than a clean boost/ tubescreamer style drive like that. If you already have the Sparkle Drive, I'd give it a try. After another listen, it's definitely got the nice chunk of amp dirt, but if what you have works, I'd say go with it.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
im just asking, cause i dont have it, and i have some money left over from my birthday to buy one pedal and my amp just isnt cutting it
claudio uses death by audio effects.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
thanks dude
Quote by AcousticMirror
claudio currently uses death by audio effects.

Fixed. TS is asking about a tone from the days before they had their Bogners and effects racks that they weren't even controlling themselves half the time.

TS, I'm currently doing a comparison of my RAT and a TS-style overdrive to see which one gets closer.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
you is right.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
you is right.

Internetz and Coheed r serious buziness.

So after trying it out, I could get both the ProCo RAT and my Fulltone OCD to get good Time Consumer sounds so I can only say try out the Sparkle Drive and a RAT if you can and play the Time Consumer riff while trying it out on an amp similar to your own to see if you can make it work. The original post said fuzz so I'd recommend the RAT more as it gets close into fuzz territory (more than the Sparkle Drive probably can) but if you can make the Sparkle Drive work, I say go for it.
Squier VM Jazzmaster