Hey everyone.

Just a quick question really.

I'd like a new amp, one loud enough to gig with and of a decent quality.
I don't actually have a budget, but say £300 or less.
My band plays mostly alternative, progressive and metal things, and I'm looking for anything between a Pantera sort of distortion to something like Coheed and Cambria.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks guys =]
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by fancypants1
nothing

Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Well. If your wanting something for gigging, I suggest a nice stack, but something under £300? Jeese, good luck 0.0. Mesa Boogie are great amps for metal, but pretty damn expensive so thats not in your budget at all. Only a few Marshall such as the mode Four series i think have a good gaiin for metal. Dont get anything like a line6 amp (solid state). Always get some tubes . Cant really help you if your looking for a gigging amp under £300. If your wanting it to gig with, you would need a stack, or speakers perhaps. Get an amp head i guess. If youve got enough speakers, then 50W + should work. Good luck :P
Quote by zakarai
If your wanting it to gig with, you would need a stack, or speakers perhaps. Get an amp head i guess. If youve got enough speakers, then 50W + should work.

No. You don't need a stack in order to gig; many players gig with combos. Stacks are not louder than their combo equivalent at all. However, you will definitely need more money to buy something decent. Keep in mind that if you go used, your money will go a lot farther than if you buy new.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.