im looking for something for around £100 (less is better obviously)

ive looked at the blackstar ht-distx and it plays really nice (it was over a year ago since i played it mind you so i cant really remember it very well)

ive also heard good things of the digitech dan donegan pedal,

my current setup is a jackson ke3/ibanez s320 + morley volume/power wah + laney lc50ii (and soon to be a cabinet of some sort, probably genz benz or marshall)

i want my tone to be a hell of a lot more distorted and overdriven, think of something like the black dahlia murder or morbid angel etc ( dont flame me for liking deathcore, personal opinion and all that)

all help is appreciated

(yes this was in the electric guitar section but that has now been deleted and moved here)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Tube screamer or boss super overdrive on top of ur amp already distorted....or a ds-1 if that's not enough
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
boss metalcore is pretty nice
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
Quote by mrsixstrings12
boss metalcore is pretty nice

seriously?

and im a tad worried about how cheap the boss super overdrive is, is it actually any good?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
seriously?

and im a tad worried about how cheap the boss super overdrive is, is it actually any good?

I used one for about 12 years till I messed it up trying to mod it...its definatly on my to buy list...I miss it bad....as far as being any good well zakk wylde used them for years bro....they have more jagged sound than a TS-9 but on the other hand the TS-9 is a lot smoother so its really up you...I'm using a DS-1 right now kinda out of necessity...I'm very broke right now and I use it for a "fake" fuzz/ overdrive hahaha
I have a analog man modded DOD250 (yeah I know its yngwies pedal) it sounds good its not really got the gain a super overdrive does)
I would vouch for a super overdrives credability anyday man....but its not a good stand alone box...on top of a fairly dirty amp its amazing

will it be able to handle seriously high gained death metal stuff?

i also heard the ehx metal muff is realy good, and i can get one for £29 used, anyone had any experiance with that?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Not sure man...maybe try the metal muff or even a big muff with a dirty amp...those have tons of gain and are prolly the least fuzzy of all the mainstream fuzz pedals

theres also the mxr fullbore metal, which is supposed to be amazing, it also has an internal noisegate , i think i may get that, and then a super overdrive a little later down the line
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner