I have been looking in to an Ibanez S5470, and have ordered one in my prefered finish of TSK. They told me it would take 3 weeks to get here.

It's been 3 months.

They told me it came in two days ago... but "defective" so now I have to wait another two months. Although because of this, I have the option to just cancel my order, no money lost, nothing.

So, I know this other place, in store (but 6 hours away) that has one in stock, but it is in red. He said it is on special, and therefore the same price as the TSK that they would have to order.

My question is... why is the Red version of the s5470 more expensive than the TSK? Also... should I wait another few months for my preferred finish to come in... or suck it up for the Red? I wanted this guitar to go into University, as I will be studying and Majoring in music (classical guitar... ha, but I still want an electric to go into uni, I already have a classical).

Thanks guys.
Last edited by page.slash at Jul 21, 2010,
It's more expensive because of that store's markup on it probably. They should be the same price.

BTW I've got one and absolutely love it! Can play any style of music depending on your pickup selection.
Last edited by iduno871 at Jul 21, 2010,
Well the Red Viking one has a flamed maple top and matching headstock. That's why it's more expensive.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Well the Red Viking one has a flamed maple top and matching headstock. That's why it's more expensive.

+it looks much better IMO
Thanks for the reples, guys.
What I just found out from seeing the guitar in the shop... IRS an s5470F ... Not a Vrk. I don't think there is any difference from the F and the Tks, seeing as both have the same specs and the headstocos do not math the bodies. Yet, the F is more expensive. Bad deal, anyone?
What site did you order from?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X