Curently, my only amp is a Line 6 Spider IV 30 watt. It sounds like shit, I know. Is there anything i can do to make it sound a little better? Don't say get a new amp, because i can't.
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
Sell it and get a better amp?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Destroy it by incineration?

You wont really improve the amps tone by a significant amount by swapping parts around.
If you really want something to be done about it, either sell it or keep saving.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've got the 150w Version of the amp and love how it sounds...you just gotta play with the knobs and such.
i kno ur problem. the 15 watt 30 watt and 50 watt all sound like shit. anything up will sound WAYYYY better. any spider models this is true for. i agree wit iduno871.. jus gotta mess wit settings, and dont play at high volumes.. or else it will be terribles.

hope it helps.
The fact of the matter is that the Spiders aren't built for quality, end of story. Unfortunately, you've got very little room to play with either because the headroom on a 30 watt solid state amp is less than desirable, so your cleans will just inherently sound like shit, but so will your OD/distortion. Some people like their's, but 90% of the people I've heard say this also have 120W or 150W versions, which will distort much later than your 30W version. Another problem with he headroom is that when SS amps start to break up, they're just not going to give you that sweet overdriven tube sound. They're going to sound like any other SS amp. This isn't me being a dick or hating on Spider's... This is actual physics. I know you said not to suggest getting another amp, but that's really your only choice. Spiders won't take pedals well, and the last thing I'd suggest you buy is an amp modeler or some multi-effects pedal, it'll actually make you sound worse and you'll just suffer from option anxiety anyway. Really though, just experiment with it and such, but aside from saving up and just being patient, there's not much you can do mate...
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
sell it and ill give me the money. ill send you my spider III wit some killer metal tones. best your gonna find...guaranteed
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
Work with knobs and just try to adjust it better. There's not much else you can do.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Quote by iduno871
I've got the 150w Version of the amp and love how it sounds...you just gotta play with the knobs and such.

haha. no. and why. you got suckered in by the pretty colors didn't you.

Anyhow. Do not use channels 3 and 4. do not attempt to find rockstar tones on the metal channel. Do not attempt to go insane on the insane channel. Stick with channels 1 and 2. do not turn the gain up to 11. Do not utilize every effect.
Do start saving for a new amp.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
first switch onto the crunch channel. lower the bass to 4, up the mids to 7, and up the trable to 9. put the channel volume at 4. the reverb all the way up. the flanger on full. turn the drive all the way up.

after you do all that, open your window, pick the amp up, and throw it out.
Take a screwdriver and run it into the speaker, see what sound comes out.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

some of these coments were quite funny. im savin up but its not gonna happen for a while. haha but thanks guys
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5