hi, im new here. i have been playing for about 2 and a half years and am stuck. i have read alot of others posts about being stuck hiping to find some help, but nothing has gotten me out of this rut. i have looked up lesson on here. at other sites. different columns. everything. i can play alot of rhythm stuff. alot of metallica. even blackened and it sound spot on with the record. i would always like 2 improve my rhythm but i cant solo at all. and thats something i really want 2 learn. i use a metronome. ill admit, i dont use it as often as i should but i do use it. basiccly i want 2 learn some new stuff that challenges me but does not have that impossible feeling. currently trying 2 learn sweep picking. but tis a bitch. and advice is appreciated. o and with where i live, gettina teacher is not an option haha. thx all
i do practice. about 2-3 hours a day. or more haha and is that song drop tuned? cause the only guitars i have got floyds on them. so it would b a bitch 2 drop them haha
Kissing the Shadows is standard D. I'm having the same problem with sweeping, but for your soloing problem don't jump straight into heavy metal shredding. Start with some bluesy sounding slower stuff and work your way up to more advanced stuff.
Dude, if you want to learn how to solo, don't start out with sweeping! It's not smart to start out with the hardest technique to learn. You're better off working on your bending and alternate picking first. You could try the intro solos to One and Fade to Black, they are great solos to start with.
Yeah
Sounds to me like your just being extremely impatient, expecting results too quickly will kill your motivation.

Plus, who the hell told you to learn sweeping when you can even solo???
thats the thing though. i can alternate pick at a good speed. same with speed picking.and i can do bends fine. and for begining solos for one and fade. i have tried them and i fail miserably haha. i think its dexderity issue. any 1 got tips to improve that? and finger independence. i am currently doing the trill with each finger thing. it seems like its working for finger independence. and i cant take a break. i love playing 2 much! :P and sweeping is something i just figured i would try 2 see if i could do. i dont really practiceit a whole lot. and i feel like if i take a break im gunna loose all my abilities....the little that i have :P
Take a day off to analyse your technique. Look at why you can't get better. Dedicate more time on your weak points, slow it down, play to a metronome. I have a feeling you're just noodling and not practicing.

i use a metronome. ill admit, i dont use it as often as i should but i do use it.

You need dedication to succeed. If you KNOW you're not using it as often as you should do, fix it.
Taking a break isn't going to make you lose everything you know.

In fact, you'll find that you're playing has improved after a break; your body sometimes needs a break for all the things you learned to really sink in.

You'll be a little rusty at first when you start up again, but that's to be expected.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Do most solos have a chorus effect? Sorry, just a quick question :P
Quote by Concat
Do most solos have a chorus effect?

Not really.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
i could just be noodling but im not sure. i practice scales alot. write my own stuff. try and come up with bluesy solos and stuff like that. i attempmted the first fade solo again. i can almost do it. just on little part that is kicking my ass :P but ill use your guys's advice and practice with a metronome more. might take a day off.... but i love playing to much haha
i had the same problem man. your thinking to hard. find some inspiration and play the shit out of that guitar