hey i have a 2x12 tube amp and was wondering if it was safe to use the speaker out to put into my recorder
Gear List:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Faded
Bugera 6262 2x12
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Morley Power Wah
no. absolutely not.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I strongly suggest you not do this... Firstly, you'll need some sort of attenuator to pad the signal, otherwise be prepared to destroy your equipment (amp and interface). Secondly, it'll sound like shit without some sort of speaker emulation or a D.I. box. So in order to record directly without a microphone, you're gonna have to most likely fork out some money. I just suggest buying a dynamic cardioid microphone of sorts and putting that up against the speakers. In most cases it will be much cheaper than buying the necessary direct equipment, and will ofter sound better unless you have had previous experience with such recording techniques. As for mics, I suggest perhaps a Shure PG57 or SM57 as far as inexpensive, but reliable microphones. But many dynamic microphones will do just as well. Actually, I suggest you get a 57 anyway, because you can use them for just about anything. Shit, you can build a deck with one if you really wanted too.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
thanks for telling me before i went blowing myself up.
I was thinking about getting a boss br-600 but now ill also have to get the shure 57 thing is it good for vocals too?
Gear List:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Faded
Bugera 6262 2x12
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Morley Power Wah
Last edited by Mr_Wizard at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by Mr_Wizard
thanks for telling me before i went blowing myself up.
I was thinking about getting a boss br-600 but now ill also have to get the shure 57 thing is it good for vocals too?

The SM58 is better suited for vocals, the 57 is an instrument microphone for the most part, but I have used it for vocals and some people including myself love the sound. It's better suited for backup vocals in truth, but I've had beautiful lead and backup vocal sounds from it and the 58. Just don't go using a 58 for an amp, it'll sound like ass.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)