On Friday I'm going to be ordering some new gear. I've got a budget of about $1000.

Right now I have:
Ibanez RG 7321
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Kustom WAV210 60w (tube driven/solid state)

I'm mainly looking for something for shred, power metal, neo-classical, etc...

Versatiliy doesn't matter, I've already got a Strat for all my blues playing.

Locking tremolo is a necessity (floyd rose, Ibanez ZR, etc...)

Should I drop all the money on a guitar, or get a $650 Ibanez (s570dqxm), and a Line 6 Spider IV 75?
!
No to the line 6. It's a horrible amp.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

no. no dont do that. spiders are not good. i fact your WAv is probaby 20x better than any spider. i didnt even know kustom made stuff like that, seems like a pretty cool cheaper amp.

you mean american standard? or asian made? either way the asians are still good. and that ibanez isnt high end, but if you paywell it should deliver. there is nothing wrong with a 400 dollar range guitar

AS LONG AS everything you play is coming through a good amp. if ou are happy with those guitars, getan amp that sounds killer and that is quality. and since a nicer amp costs a lot it will rpboaby take most or all of that 1000 to get. sound quality first, then extras imo.

ive wondered about getting something like a floyd, but the expense of an ew guitar is too great, and i just think about so many heavy players than dont even use a trem, tony iommi, zakk wylde, kim thayil, etc etc.
If you want a really good 7-string to give you that extended range go for the Jeff Loomis Schecter. It has a Floyd Rose, EMGs, nice big fret spacing for shredding, 24 frets. Thats just my opinion, you said that you wanted something for shred and neo-classical I think the range and the neck on this thing would be perfect.

and +1 on the NO LINE 6 movement, they're crap lol
Swap the pickups for some Bareknuckles on the 7321, have it set up by a pro and then spend the rest on an amp. Just cause it's pretty well priced doesn't mean it isn't a damn fine guitar with a pickup change.

In my honest opinion, floating trems are a waste of time. Most of the people I've seen who actually use the whammy bar just use it as a crutch for mediocre playing (notice that I said MOST, not all).

The bugera 626x sounds much better than the 333, so if you need a reasonably low budget amp, that one is a keeper. If you really really need a trem, the Ibanez you suggested in your first post is quite nice. I've got the S620 and it's a great guitar for the price.
alright to all of you hating on the Line 6 spider. Don't knock it till you try it. The Spider 4 is actually pretty decent and is 20X better than the spider 3. So is the spider 2, it's just the 3rd one that's shit. What you're looking at though, I would just buy a guitar. You're amp should be good enough and the line 6 wouldn't be very much louder than you're amp. 15 watts is NOT a big difference in that range.
I'm FAT!
Quote by tatatotfolife
alright to all of you hating on the Line 6 spider. Don't knock it till you try it. The Spider 4 is actually pretty decent and is 20X better than the spider 3. So is the spider 2, it's just the 3rd one that's shit. What you're looking at though, I would just buy a guitar. You're amp should be good enough and the line 6 wouldn't be very much louder than you're amp. 15 watts is NOT a big difference in that range.

I'll agree with you that the spider 4 is better than the 3 ,but his budget it $1000
Well with his budget he can get something miles better than the spider.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by SGburnsRED
I'll agree with you that the spider 4 is better than the 3 ,but his budget it $1000
Well with his budget he can get something miles better than the spider.

That's true, but he wants a guitar either way. And so I'd say that would cut his budget about in half.

Actually, have you checked out any of the Agile guitars, http://www.rondomusic.com. I've heard great things about them.
I'm FAT!