When I sing Circa Survive songs or calmer The Mars Volta songs I'm told that I sound like I'm "crying really hard." Well I'm not crying. I think its that when I'm straining to sound a certain way, my voice starts to kind of wobble. Can anyone help me with this?
if your straining when your singing theres something youre doing wrong
yeah i think i kind of figured out i'm doing something wrong, if i wasnt i wouldnt have a problem and i wouldntve made a thread abt it haha
Can you record something? It would be a lot easier to help you if we could hear what you sound like.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
yeah you gotta give us a recording here, but I gotta point out that Cedric and Anthony both have ridiculously high tenor voices and a huge range so most of their songs constantly hit the D above high C. Basically their shit is written REALLY ****ing high so if you're trying to sing those songs and you're anything short of a high tenor with a huge range you're gonna sound weird up there.
Mars Volta?... His notes in the widow go above the highest notes in my falsetto....
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
thats weird, the widow actually isnt that hard for me, its since we've been wrong that i sound horrible with. i was singing it and playing guitar and some1 told me that during the verse i sound like im crying really hard, and during the chorus i just sound plain bad.
i dont know my vocal range, i should probly find that out.
you're prob singing the widow an octave down, I haven't listened to the new album too many times but I'm p sure since we've been wrong doesn't go as high as the widow.
Quote by Cheeseman07
you're prob singing the widow an octave down, I haven't listened to the new album too many times but I'm p sure since we've been wrong doesn't go as high as the widow.

at the chorus it sure does, the words in the title r like way up there.
whats weird is in the energetic volta songs, even if the singing sounds like it would be impossible, it comes a lot easier to me than the really calm ones, maybe because i overthink it during the calm ones, and in the agressive songs im just feelin it, ya know?