I was looking at getting my first acoustic-electric guitar, and I was sort of looking at something from the Ibanez Exotic Wood series. I played two today and they sound really nice, but I wanted to know if any of you have had experience with them? Do they sound good live? Are they reliable? And what do the numbers in the model names mean? Just any general info, usable resources and experience with these guitars would be helpful.

Ibanez EW Acoustic-Electric Series

My budget right now would be around $400-$750, so anything else you can recommend it that price range would be helpful. I'd prefer something with a nice looking top, but really as long as it sounds good for the price and won't break or bend up out of shape then it's good. The acoustic isn't really going to be used much in a live setting anyway, maybe every now and then if I decide to play a small venue, get invited to play at a party, etc.

I should also add I've been playing guitar for nearly three years on electric, so I want something that doesn't play like a beginner guitar.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jul 22, 2010,
i can vouch for ibanez acoustics they are great and the electric acoustics sound good plugged in
and they are reliable as hell mines all beat up and actually sounds better
and that there is my impartial opinion
Last edited by supersac at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by slorggetti
First acoustic? Takamine.

That is all.

I like the way he put it.

I'd specially ask you to check the G series. they sound real good. more on the brighter side though. Personally, i'd love to have a bit more volume to their bass notes. but overall, they are well rounded off guitars, i've played them live, and they are fabulous. electronics are of good quality. especially for the price you pay.

As for the Ibanezs, i've never played them live. i've tried them at the music shop once or twice. they sound warm. (a bit too warm for my choice). But that again can change from one guitar to another. Even if its of the same model.

If you like some acoustic guitar, make sure you buy the same piece that you played. dont go looking for the same model. they rarely ever sound the same.
ibanez guitars seem to me to be all about looks, not much about quality sound when it comes to unplugged. i'm not very pleased with lower end taks, either. at the lower ends of price, the guitars that sound best unplugged and plugged in would be yamaha fgx720sca, yamaha fgx730sc, the seagull entourage acoustic electrics. if you can't swing them, get the most expensive yamaha you can afford that's not a thinline.
Well My budget right now would be around $400-$750, so anything you can recommend it that price range would be helpful. I'd prefer something with a nice looking top, but really as long as it sounds good for the price and won't break or bend up out of shape then it's good. The acoustic isn't really going to be used much in a live setting anyway, maybe every now and then if I decide to play a small venue, get invited to play a t a party, etc.

I should also add I've been playing guitar for nearly three years on electric, so I want something that doesn't play like a beginner guitar. Will incorporate this into the main post.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jul 22, 2010,