Hi everyone,

A few weeks back I came wandering in here looking for advice on a straight no-frills amp (i.e. no added fluff effects). I chose a Peavey Bandit 112 80w amp, however now looking back I wish I didn't. I've had the amp for around 4 and 1/2 weeks and I bought it from guitar center. Its just too loud, and theres this horrible buzz if I turn it up past 4 on the distorted channel (its not coming from my guitar, the amp just buzzes a lot when I have it on, on every channel except the vintage/classic cleans). Its really starting to annoy me, and I either want to a. return it/sell it for an equal price or b. find some way to stop the buzzing... cuz it doesn't sound bad, this is just grating on my nerves. I don't have the box for it anymore cuz my dad trashed it, and idk if I've had it for too long even if I haven't played it for more than 10 hrs. Any advice in this situation?

Now, for my pedal question,
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-DBM-Bad-Monkey-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150831 does anyone have any experience with this pedal? Is it good for the price? Do you get what you pay for or do you get more?
I have an older bandit with a presence knob and it starts to buzz if it's past 4 otherwise it's fine. Does you newer amp have this? Maybe try that?
Noise gate ?
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Do you guys think i'd be able to return it? I was thinking about going to guitar center tomorrow and telling them about the buzz, but I dunno about their return policy... I also put it up on craigslist and was contemplating putting it on the gear for sale here. What is a noise gate?
oh and it doesn't have a presence knob, only volume on clean and eq, and on lead channel it has pre- and post- gain along with eq, and yea basically if the amp is turned up past 3 on pre or post gain it buzzes like all hell. The instruction booklet didn't go into detail about pre- or post gain either so those kinda confuse me. there is also a master reverb, and a boost knob which basically just raises the volume