before now, I could come up with a ton of riffs but never build on them or fit them in the right spot. I could always come up with an intro but never a verse or chorus, and vice versa. But now over the span of three days, today is the first I have picked up my guitar, and after feeling really inspired and excited to write songs, nothing comes to me. I feel like whatever I play is really boring and unoriginal. It seems like because of this, my songs have a really bad and boring song structure (if you listen to "spite keeps them silent" on my profile, you'll know what i mean) I like to come up with music on my own that is sounds original and very surprising at times, but I can never seem to do it. Whatever I usually come up with sounds a lot like what I'm really into at the time (band wise), and it's repetitive. Does this ever happen to anyone else, and what should I do?
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Last edited by The Philosopher at Jul 22, 2010,
Look up one of your favorite bands on youtube and jam with their songs for a bit. Usually works for me when I get stuck in that. Either I do that or work on some covers for a bit
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread