Poll: Which Military Branch?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Military Branch?
Army
14 13%
Air Force
52 50%
Navy
8 8%
Coast Gaurd
10 10%
Marines
20 19%
Voters: 104.
Page 1 of 2
If you had to join the military, you were being enlisted, for instance, but you could choose which branch to join, which would it be? I, personally, would join the Navy.
-Shows-
Modest Mouse, Black Eyed Peas, World Party
Bumbershoot '09

The Cute Lepers
Bumbershoot '10

Tom Petty
The Gorge

Gorillaz (Best show of my life)
Key Arena

Please, call me James, or Devin.
I plan on joining the army. That's where I feel like I have the most potential, and I wanna be a Ranger.

That our Air Force Security Forces. That's some gooood shit
I'm a lazy person but I'm sure either the Marines or the Army would whip me into shape.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I would desert and hide in Canada... or Argentina.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Since my marine friends would make fun of me for sucking dicks if I joined the navy, chair force.
i dont have a country, but if i did, and if i ended up choosing which branch of the millitary i want to join i would definately go to the airforce
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
Probably the Army. If I was to join the Air Force, i'd want to be a Pilot, and i'm not sure i'm quick enough with Math for that. I have no interest in spending time on a boat, so the Navy is out.

If I was going to Join, i'd plan ahead, get myself in shape, and join the Rangers hopefully. I'd take Ranger School either way, because if i'm going to be in, I want to be one of the best.

Maybe one day I could enter selection for CAG!! haha

EDIT
Quote by NosralTserrof
Sniper Division

Which one? I think every branch has snipers.
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Jul 22, 2010,
I was planning on joining the Marine Corps, but I ended up deciding to go to college first, but I still have plans to join the Marine Corps. If you're going to enlist, why not be the best and get the best training?
Rockabilly rules, Okay?
Whichever pays the most.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
The Irish one. They do peacekeeping stuff don't they? That sounds good. And I don't think they extradite do they? Because extraditing would be bad for me. As I've said before, if I get drafted my ass will be out of the ****ing continent before you can say 'deserter'
Last edited by cornmancer at Jul 22, 2010,
If I had perfect vision, I'd try to fly jets in the AF...but since I don't, I would probably just join the Marines. Might as well be right in the thick of it if you're gonna join lol.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

The Air Force, I could blow shit up in a bigger scale.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Marines. Deserting is for pussies. If your country calls upon you and you are able to fight (that is to say you don't have physical limitations that would prevent it) you are obligated to answer that call, and provide the best service you can in the name of your country. I don't plan on enlisting, but on the rare possibility that I was drafted I would take it without a second thought.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by Neal5189
I was planning on joining the Marine Corps, but I ended up deciding to go to college first, but I still have plans to join the Marine Corps. If you're going to enlist, why not be the best and get the best training?

So...you're not joining the Marines then?
The one that teaches you how to spell "guard."
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Marines or Army...Personally Marine Force Recon would be ****ing sweet or Army Rangers.

But the most badass dudes are the Navy SEALS. I jsut cant stand being in water though.

I'll go with Marines because i have some friends in there and they have a real good tradition and their blues look sweet.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
Navy for sure. I pretty much live in a huge desert, so a guaranteed change in scenery, along with provided living quarters and other benefits would be quite nice. My uncle was one of the computer analysts in the Navy and he was stationed in Japan, San Diego, and Hawaii throughout his career. He is retired in his 40's and lives on one of the Hawaiian islands with a good job with a bank. Life is pretty good for him
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Air Force. No question.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Purely judging from my friends who are in various forces in this country, RAF without a doubt. The people I know in the Army are dicks, and the people I know in the Navy are weird. The people I know in the RAF are decent guys, although getting a little arrogant now.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

I'd flee to Canada.

Air Force.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by cornmancer
The Irish one. They do peacekeeping stuff don't they? That sounds good. And I don't think they extradite do they? Because extraditing would be bad for me. As I've said before, if I get drafted my ass will be out of the ****ing continent before you can say 'deserter'

Make sure it isn't the Irish Republican Army you're joining. That'd be a mistake.
YNWA
I'd run like **** and never look back.

edit: also what he said V. I don't agree with my country's decision to be at war, and never will, so why should I fight for them?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Jul 22, 2010,
I'd join the RAF because my dad did. Don't join the Army, the amount of people with limbs blown off or killed is shocking.

Quote by ninjaapirate
Marines. Deserting is for pussies. If your country calls upon you and you are able to fight (that is to say you don't have physical limitations that would prevent it) you are obligated to answer that call, and provide the best service you can in the name of your country. I don't plan on enlisting, but on the rare possibility that I was drafted I would take it without a second thought.

Bullshit. If I don't agree with the war then why am I going to give my life for the cause? I would however immigrate and make myself useful elsewhere as I wouldn't want someone dying for me whilst I wouldn't return the favour.
Last edited by br33dlove at Jul 22, 2010,
coast guard don't have to shoot folk yeah?

they're like... our coast guards? aye?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Screw all of these options, i want Mounties on that list. They carry sub machine guns as a standard weapon. ON A DAILY BASIS!!! Now thats what you call badass.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Air Force - but not as a pilot, id repair the planes themselves as im into that kind of stuff.

(ok, im a wuss)
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Quote by ninjaapirate

Yeah, Muhammad Ali is a pussy compared to you bro
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Last edited by catempire at Jul 22, 2010,
RAF.
I'd be useless in the army or navy so I'd be most useful in the RAF. Or join army and then Army Air Corps.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Page 1 of 2