I'm not sure if this is the right place, to ask this. And if it's not sorry. But, in a few week's I'll be going to Malaysia, and I have a friend over there, who has a guitar for me. I'm wondering to bring it back over to Australia, would it cost any extra and would I be able to take it onto the plane as Carry-on? Because I really don't want under payed baggage handler's dropping it.
i dont think they allow it as a carry on
maybe your best bet would be to mail it back to yourself
I've brought my guitar from the States over to China in a soft case a few years back (2006) as an onboard carry on. Just ask the flight attendants to take it, and they'll put it in a compartment near the front of the plane rather than in the overhead bins. Maybe they changed the rules since then.
Quote by thirdykal
I've brought my guitar from the States over to China in a soft case a few years back (2006) as an onboard carry on. Just ask the flight attendants to take it, and they'll put it in a compartment near the front of the plane rather than in the overhead bins. Maybe they changed the rules since then.

Did you have any troubles with it, since it's wood, being quarantined or such? As that's the main worry for me. Thanks for the help already though.
I've had to travel with my guitar over seas and through the states on several occasions. Used a hard case though. Have never had trouble, they always say the same thing "Bring your guitar over there, it has to be stored differently than luggage" and I bring it to a special spot, the dudes take it and it's fine.
im not sure but you might want to take off all the strings off the guitar as the body could break because of the pressure in the sky