Alrightt I am in a bit of a tight spot here. My guitar has EMG 81-85's, but in the coming weeks I'll be getting a new solid-state amp (a Fender Frontman 212R) getting a new tube amp is completely out of the question, and I'm well aware of what EMG's do to solid state amps so I've decided the only option is to remove and replace the EMG's for a better passive pickup

Here's where you guys come in, I have 2 questions:

1. What are the best passive pickups for my style? I play all kinds of metal except for the heaviest kinds (death and black metal among others), grunge, rock, and I also need a good clean tone...which passive pickups would sound the best for these styles

2. How much would it cost at a guitar shop to have them rewire the guitar's active electronics to passive electronics, and if it's possible to do it yourself how would it be done
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
playing the emg through the solid state wont harm the amp
although it might cause clipping
it is possible to do it yourself if you know how to solder
bareknuckle pups are sweet but they might be out of your price range (you didnt specify)
I'm not worried about the amp getting hurt, I just despise the clipping...but then again I've only ever played this guitar through a 30 watt solid-state...could the 100 watt solid state handle the emg's at gig-level volumes without clipping? if it can then i wont even bother
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin