ok so the saddle broke on my acoustic i got a new one and installed it it worked great a day later i sat down to play and theirs this horrible zzzzzz like a fly or a bee from the bridge and saddle ive checked all the obvious things on the neck but i KNOW its coming from the bridge or saddle PLEASE help me get rid of this horrible thorn in my playing
I must say goodbye because im gonna roam this mean ol highway till the day I die
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100
Is it filed so your strings fit snug?
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
you might have to file down your saddle so the string fits snug, as the unforgiven6 said. the saddle probably wasnt meant particularly for your guitar, so it's meant to fit some other model.
ok so the saddle broke on my acoustic

How?

i got a new one and installed it

Where did you get it from? Did you have to do any shaping yourself?
Quote by tom183
How?

Where did you get it from? Did you have to do any shaping yourself?

its just an older one and the part the holds the low e string cracked and came off it wasnt droped or anything like that it just cracked under pressure i guess
I must say goodbye because im gonna roam this mean ol highway till the day I die
gear
Fender stratocaster
stagg telecaster
peavey vyper 30
stagg acoustic
old classical nylon
Hell-Babe HB01
Blues Overdrive BO100
Quote by the_unforgiven6
Is it filed so your strings fit snug?

He said saddle, not nut. There's no "strings fitting snug" with a saddle, nor should there be with a nut.
Quote by FallenByohazard
you might have to file down your saddle so the string fits snug, as the unforgiven6 said. the saddle probably wasnt meant particularly for your guitar, so it's meant to fit some other model.

Again, he said saddle, not nut.
Quote by southernboy3223
ok so the saddle broke on my acoustic i got a new one and installed it it worked great a day later i sat down to play and theirs this horrible zzzzzz like a fly or a bee from the bridge and saddle ive checked all the obvious things on the neck but i KNOW its coming from the bridge or saddle PLEASE help me get rid of this horrible thorn in my playing

Check to make sure that the bottom of the saddle is true and flat and that there's no debris left in the slot in the bridge that the saddle fits into. Sometimes small wood chips are left over if the builder isn't careful enough and they will cause a poor contact between the bottom of the saddle and the flat surface in the slot in the bridge.
Check that all of your strings are installed properly and that all bridge pins are in snug, but not overly tight otherwise you'll have troubles taking them out next time. Just press them into place with your finger while you try to pull the string out, that's it.