Heya ,

Well i just bought a new Ibanez S570, and its a pretty sweet guitar in my opinion. But its got a ZR Tremolo, and i don't know much about it. It does change the pitch but i cant do divebombs, its kinda like my strat but it does bend a bit more than the strat. So what can i do?

Any help is appreciated
are you doing harmonics? sorry if i sound like i'm belittling you but just from the way you described it, it makes it seem like you're just playing a note and it changes the pitch.
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
When you say divebomb do you just mean a note descending in pitch or do you mean a crazy scream descending in pitch.
If the latter then the problem is your doing it wrong, you need to hit a harmonic first, then dive the bar.

Edit: I can assure you the ZR can divebomb, in fact any tremelo can divebomb to varying degrees.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Jul 22, 2010,
If you're looking to do like dimebag divebombs, then yes you're doing it wrong without natural harmonics and will never get it
Quote by Demonikk
Disco break!

Quote by Julz127
Make sure you put me in your citations at the end. Or at least in your sig.
I just got it Thanks people.. and another question: I've seen that when people try to change the strings you gotta bend the tremolo and stick something to keep it bent forward, right? Well, mine wont bend enough to stick something under it, any ideas?
Quote by Jenny Ibanez
I just got it Thanks people.. and another question: I've seen that when people try to change the strings you gotta bend the tremolo and stick something to keep it bent forward, right? Well, mine wont bend enough to stick something under it, any ideas?

I don't think you have to do that. Have a flick through the manual that comes with it.
Inhuman evil take down!
You only need to do that if you change all the strings at once. If you change them one at a time you wont need to put anything underneath it.
Actually, i just read a bit now and it said something about deactivating the zero point system and using it as a floating tremolo, what does that mean exactly? (sorry, im new to the ibanez tremolos)
you need to remove the zps (it`s designed to be removed and replaced as and when required

Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 22, 2010,
Exactly, i saw that same pic in the manual, but what happens when i remove the zp system?
What happens when you remove it? Your trem plays and feels much better. The ZPS is pretty useless IMO.

I got my S770 a few weeks ago and I took the ZPS off the first day. If you set your tension right and everything, it will return to perfect tuning no matter what. Plus, the ZPS makes it tougher to divebomb because of the extra tension. Without it, divebombs and other whammy tricks work perfect, and it's got a pretty steep dive (My G string goes down a whole octave)
you free up the trem so it`s becomes a full floating system...try it, pull back on the bar in the pic then remove them springs from the bracket your trem will be full floating allowing you to dive and pullup and all the other crazy trem stuff........
I know I'm not the TS and I don't mean to hijack anything, but since I've got a new Ibanez with the ZR system coming in the mail pretty soon I would like to ask a question.

When removing the zps is it normal for the guitar to require set-up? Or at least retuning?
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Quote by Hell Kaiser Ryo
I know I'm not the TS and I don't mean to hijack anything, but since I've got a new Ibanez with the ZR system coming in the mail pretty soon I would like to ask a question.

When removing the zps is it normal for the guitar to require set-up? Or at least retuning?

Well, even though i barely know anything about the ZR system myself, i know you'll have to mess with the tension and retune.
Quote by Jenny Ibanez
Well, even though i barely know anything about the ZR system myself, i know you'll have to mess with the tension and retune.

Yes, you have to set the tension and tune up again. It really is simple if you follow the guides on here.