So I was at my local guitar shop and noticed a used, but in immaculate shape Rivera KR-100. I play stuff ranging from anything George Lynch has done, to Steve Vai (emphasis on his tone), John Petrucci, and Guthrie Govan. My question is: is the Rivera an amp that will give me the liquidy lead tone without being shrill? The demos on Youtube do not seem to be to helpful.
the kr100 is alright but it won't have enough gain. The ktre is where they hit the big times on their high gain amps. The kr100 is quite good but just not there.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
if you want to sounds like Vai get a Carvin Legacy
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
@acousticmirror... you obviously have no clue about a kr100.... ive had the absolute priviledge of owning mine for 2 years. not enough gain....WHAT!!!!!! then your tone must be incredably terrible, i run my gain on both channel's 2 & 3 at between 5 & 6,
i run a reissue ts808 in the front, and a tc electronics g major 2 in the loop...i can nail any of those spoken of tones to a T!!!!!!!.....honestly....people think you need to just turn the gain up to 10...then"this amp sounds like shit", yes of course it does.....cause your adding to much gain......just my two cents worth.
Quote by yngwie ripoff
So I was at my local guitar shop and noticed a used, but in immaculate shape Rivera KR-100. I play stuff ranging from anything George Lynch has done, to Steve Vai (emphasis on his tone), John Petrucci, and Guthrie Govan. My question is: is the Rivera an amp that will give me the liquidy lead tone without being shrill? The demos on Youtube do not seem to be to helpful.

yeah they do....because they are not eqing them proper....that amp is worth every penny....do not have any fears....buy it...you wont regret it!!!!