alright guys, im trying to write songs for my metal band, the guitar parts come easy, but i have two problems.

one: (i think this a major problem personally) i tend to write songs where the lyrics follow the same or very similar rhythmic and sometimes (relative) screamed pitch pattern as a favorite song. for example: my most recent work starts of with he rhythmic patter of Darkness Surrounding by Avenged Sevenfold and after the first breakdown it ends up with the pattern from Felony by Emmure. anyone know how to break this habit?

two: when i sit down to write a song, if i don't have something like RIGHT in front of my that really pisses me off, I find it extremely difficult to get started but once i get the ball rolling it becomes a lot easier, but also if i have to leave the writing for a but and comeback, i have difficulty starting again. any help?
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Bump?
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

meh, I already KNOW HOW to write, i just can't get started when i sit down to write a song, it's kinda like when i sit down to write a term paper, i just sit there for a while, then get a spark that sorta gets the ball rolling. but the spark is taking longer and longer to come. also, anyone got some help for my first problem?

edit:
also i have may discovered a problem that may cause a huge problem with me writing lyrics:
I am not an emotional person... at all, i have spent a great amount of time learning to control, and ignore my emotions, i always read things about how your lyrics should be emotional and come from the heart, but I really have locked them away, to the point where i cannot access them unless i am fucked up in some manner. or possibly in some sort of extremem circumstance (i haven't experienced something like that however).
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Last edited by lifesuckstomuch at Jul 24, 2010,