Hey guys,

I just got back from visiting my local music store where i have been looking at a new head and cab (i currently have a Randall 40W combo). Unfortunately they didn't have any 6505 heads in stock so i played the 6505+ combo instead, which was good, but then i was recommended to try the Jet City 333 head, through a Randall cab and it blew me away, it sounded much much more aggressive than the Peavey, and it costs significantly less (i realise it's made in China). The only thing was it was much more basic to use, way less dials and what not.

What i want to know is if anyone has any experience/opinion with this amp, and what they though of it.

I realise that it wasn't a fair comparison because it wasn't head to head, but a few people have said the the Jet City is the better amp. Am i to believe them?

Here's a link to it for those that haven't seen it: http://www.jetcityamplification.com/amplifiers/jca100h/
We've been jizzing over jet city all week man. search bar.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Oh, sorry about the lack of use of the search bar, i'll remember that next time.

Good to hear that they're well thought of, but would you guys say that it's BETTER than the 6505? Or just good value for money? As it stands right now i can get either one, money isn't an issue between these two, but if the difference is marginal, i'd rather save a few $$$.
it depends on what you need.
if you need 2 channels and an effects loop then the jca20 is out.
if you want something simple that sounds awesome then get the jca20.

I'm looking at the JCA100. But yeah i do prefer simple, i just want to achieve a good deep heavy tone (Rammstein-esque, possibly deeper still) with minimal extras, i like to just plug in my guitar and go. Though i have been looking at multi-effect pedals recently too, so that will eventually come into the mix.
if it's between the 100h and the 6505...i'd pick the jet city 100 every time.

peavey made the 6505 for evh by copying the soldano super lead overdrive.

The jet city 100h is a soldano super lead overdrive that's built on a pcb with cheaper components. But it's still the original circuit.