After reading a lot about cab matching, I realized I'm probably killing my amp.
My amp is 30 watt, with 2 outputs (stereo, so I'm assuming parallel) with 8ohm labeled on each of them.
My cabs are 2 of the same. 40 watt with apparently 6ohm.
Considering I had them both connected as a full stack, the ohm would become 3 right? Way too low for my amp...

So I am wondering if the best way to hook these guys up, damaging my stuff the least is:
Only connect 1 cab. (slightly better case)
Connect 2 in serial. (best case)

So I just need some clairification if I am correct, and maybe some info about stereo is parallel or not, and possible ways to achieve a serial connection.
Dang, thats a really small rig!

I could be wrong about this, so someone should probably confirm it before you try it, but heres what I think you do. Normally you plug each cab into the head to run parallel right? To run series, you connect one cab to the head, and the other cab to the first cab. If your cabs are older, they may not have an output jack to connect the other cab, and in that case, youd need to have someone rewire it for you. At that point, I would say save your money and try to put it towards a new rig
Quote by tubatom868686

I could be wrong about this, so someone should probably confirm it before you try it, but heres what I think you do. Normally you plug each cab into the head to run parallel right? To run series, you connect one cab to the head, and the other cab to the first cab. If your cabs are older, they may not have an output jack to connect the other cab, and in that case, youd need to have someone rewire it for you. At that point, I would say save your money and try to put it towards a new rig
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's right. I'd say run it in series.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Yeah, I connected the cabs in series... They are working fine now.
Thanks

I was thinking of getting a new rig, but this'll have to do for the time being.
Quote by tubatom868686

Odds are it's wrong, actually. even though you are running head>cab>cab there's a good chance that the output on the back of the cab is wired in a way that makes it parallel. If you can give us the brand and model of your rig pieces i'm sure we can get this figured out.

On a side note: where in the hell did you find 6 ohm cabs?
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu