Be it solo, with cream, with whoever, it doesnt matter.

Looking for a good Eric Clapton blues album?
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
Quote by crohno
all of them???
Haha, exactly what I thought when I saw the title.

Anything a bit more specific than 'good'?
Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs is my favourite.

Also try the recent live album with Steve Winwood at Madison Square Garden
there have been some clapton albums which should be avoided at all costs, i'm thinking of things like 'pilgrim' and 'back home'.

however there are a lot of good ones, 'from the cradle', 'laya', 'unplugged', '461 ocean boulevard' are all great IMO.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Personally I'm fond of Slowhand, 461 Ocean Boulevard, Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs, Disraeli Gears and Wheels Of Fire, and if you're fine with a cover album, From The Cradel.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I like the Layla album. but some others i like are:
461 Ocean Boulevard
John Mayall and the Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton
Disraeli Gears
Slowhand
From the Cradle

live albums, i LOVE the 2001 Live in LA. called one more car, one more rider. DVD is spectacular i think. others, the '04 crossroads DVD was good. i like it better than the '07. his live DVDs from the 70s, 80s aren't that good... acoustic set on MTV unplugged '92 is great too. he played tears in heaven there.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The Layla album is definitely my favorite, but thats more due to Duane Allman's presence I suppose.

I love the Unplugged album as well
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
From the cradle is my favourite album and any cream song is mad.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
no love for fresh cream? i love that album, sure it's not as polished as his later stuff, but man its a great listen.
Blackstar HT 5
George Dennis Spitfire 2x10
LTD GL 200M
Agile Ghost III
Warmoth SSS Tele with Floyd Rose
Ibanez Artcore AM73
I <3 Arcade Fire, Rainbow, Dungen, Muse, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Kate Bush etc.
ROCK OPERA!!
UG Rock Opera tracks
Live with Steve Winwood
Live with Cream at Royal Albert Hall (2005)

Are my favourites.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by dr_john
there have been some clapton albums which should be avoided at all costs, i'm thinking of things like 'pilgrim' and 'back home'.

however there are a lot of good ones, 'from the cradle', 'laya', 'unplugged', '461 ocean boulevard' are all great IMO.

Are you insane, pilgrim is awesome. I guess it all boils down to preference so i shouldn't really bash you. Pilgrim is just one of my favorite Clapton albums and I would hate for someone not to give it a try.
Quote by colgo889
Are you insane, pilgrim is awesome. I guess it all boils down to preference so i shouldn't really bash you. Pilgrim is just one of my favorite Clapton albums and I would hate for someone not to give it a try.

yeah, personal choice i guess. i haven't listened to it for ages, i just remember really monotonous electronic drum tracks and a very pop music, studio feel to it.

tell you what, i'll listen again.

- Jimi Hendrix
OK, listened again.

I aint changed my mind, it all sounds a bit lightweight middle of the road light FM stuff to me, sorry.

As you say, it's down to preference but that's not my sort of thing i guess.

- Jimi Hendrix
Yeah, I like some of the pilgrim songs when he does stripped down live versions, but the whole album just seems terribly overproduced to me. It's fairly obvious that he was just going along with what the popular sound was at that point. It's a shame too because his concept of "the saddest album ever written" and some of the songs could have really been something.
Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert (1973). Some nice classics, and a killer line up featuring:

Eric Clapton - lead guitar & vocals
Pete Townshend - guitar & vocals
Ronnie Wood - guitar & vocals
Ric Grech - bass guitar
Steve Winwood - keyboard & vocals
Jim Capaldi - drums
Jimmy Karstein - drums
Rebop Kwaku Baah - percussion
Some of my gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom
Fender American Special Tele
Gibson ES-339
London City Strat copy
Other Strat copy
Taylor Big Baby (acoustic)
Ibanez SGT 130 (acoustic)

Trace 2x 12" guitar amp
Dime Distortion
Quote by MXFNCK
Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert (1973). Some nice classics, and a killer line up featuring:

Naaaahhh! Terrible EC performance.

EC was still cold turkey from heroin then (hadn't completely kicked his addiction that he let himself fall into while recording the "Derek and the Dominos" LP with the Allman Brothers, totally abandoning himself after Jimi Hendrix's death), after Pete Townsend dragged him out of his Charing Cross hotel room to give EC a purpose into playing.

The whole show and recording was organized by Pete Townsend, who also produced himself (that means paid for, folks) the show and the different recordings.
Anything with Derek and the Dominos or Cream as well as the Beano Album.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I like "Unplugged" the most since I am a fan of an acoustic music. And 'Slowhand' Clapton is, with Jimmy Page, one of my favourite acoustic guitarist.

Apart from that if you are looking for best Clapton's achievements you should look for Cream's albums. Many people claim that a short time Clapton has been performing with Cream was the 'Golden Era' of this musician.