I know how much UG dislikes spider III's so i thought this might interest you.

I have a spider III(75), dont ask why but i do. But my friend has a 100 watt Marshall Valvestate and he wants to swap...

what do you guys think?
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
MG100DFX is the model
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
Hahaha....an MG vs Spider thread.....priceless

The MG is not a Valvestate btw
to be honest most people in here will probably say they are as bad as each other ?
just try the marshall and see if it's any better TO YOU ?
I've played both. The marshall for sure sounds like a marshall. But... It doesn't seem as versatile as the spider. So, versatility. Keep the spider. Recognizable tone. Get the marshall.

That's my stance on it.
Spider.
I'd sell off the MG to a scrap dealer, for better satisfaction than the sound would give me.

Looking at how i own one :|
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by BoxerLadABC
I know how much UG dislikes spider III's so i thought this might interest you.

I have a spider III(75), dont ask why but i do. But my friend has a 100 watt Marshall Valvestate and he wants to swap...

what do you guys think?

You do know the MG is also disliked, if not more?

[EDIT]

If you're not happy with the spider, sell it and save up for a better amp.
What's your budget?
What style of music do you play?
SS or tube?
Willing to go used?
etc etc
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Last edited by Adam124 at Jul 22, 2010,
I'd rather have the spider tbh, the mg is the muddiest amp ive ever heard. However the newer MG's might be better.
You could always throw them both into each other and see which wins?

That's how I'd choose.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by BoxerLadABC
MG100DFX is the model

Not a Valvestate.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
the 2 crappiest amps ever but the spider has one thing going for it, more versatility
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Jackamedmos
I'd rather have the spider tbh, the mg is the muddiest amp ive ever heard. However the newer MG's might be better.

That's not a newer one.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
MG's make baby Jesus cry

also, I can't believe this thread is still open..

Well, he's not breaking any rules...its an honest question.

TS...don't do it.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
Well, he's not breaking any rules...its an honest question.

TS...don't do it.

Yeah I know he's not breaking any rules, but the choice has been pretty unanimous
Quote by Nebus
I've played both. The marshall for sure sounds like a marshall. But... It doesn't seem as versatile as the spider. So, versatility. Keep the spider. Recognizable tone. Get the marshall.

That's my stance on it.

i would do it cause the marshall im pretty sure retails more and gets respect for the name. both are aweful.

my spider 3 is now the worlds best i pod dock (i bought a 6 foot double ended 1/8 chord to run a line in from my i pod). to this date, it has saved 6 house parties (suffering from poor sound systems)

as a guitar amp. haha. silly line 6 thinking they make guitar products.
Quote by ikey_
i would do it cause the marshall im pretty sure retails more and gets respect for the name. both are aweful.

my spider 3 is now the worlds best i pod dock (i bought a 6 foot double ended 1/8 chord to run a line in from my i pod). to this date, it has saved 6 house parties (suffering from poor sound systems)

Bad reason to do anything. The Spider is more versatile. As bad as both may be, its better to have a whole lot of shitty tones as opposed to one shitty tone.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by ikey_

Seriously? Seriously?
MARCUS plz
Quote by Nebus

That's my stance on it.

The MG sounds nothing like any of the classic Marshalls.

^+1 WTF was that.

And TS, I'd make the trade because the MG is probably worth a bit more for when you sell it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Neither one is going to get you laid with a gear goober, or make anyone idolize your tone, so take the one that sounds good to you. If you need a switch, a new piece in the closet, so to speak, then go for it. Its not a swap for a Tube dream or a plexi custom, so there's no real issue or one-sided-ness.

But in the long run, I'd say that a Spider is worth having. I use it to record quite a bit in the studio. "Glass Houses" was a rough recording session with the spider, and I like how it came out. But thats me, and you may be different. It is a great little "Small-Space-Practice-Trash-and-Abuse" amp if I've ever had one. Gigs like crap though...trust me, I know.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204