Poll: What's easier?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's easier?
Music
15 56%
Art
12 44%
Voters: 27.
Alright, what do you think is easier? A career in music from the ground up? Or a career as an artist? Like mainly in anime?

Cause comparing the two seems rather inappropriate as both have their own pitfalls and what not.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
okay, so basically your asking about careers in music and animation?

Well, I've worked in animation and am about to start studying it, and I can tell you that it is a tough field, with loads of competition, BUT it is alot of fun.

Having a career in music will ultimately lead to teaching unless your band is famous or something, animators can have normal 9-5 jobs at normal studios.

However, as an animator, you will not just be doing cartoons, alot of animators have to do whatever projects they can get their hands on in order to stay afloat. you'll most likely be a freelancer, and that's something you'll have to consider before choosing that career path.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
"I'm studying art at uni."

Response: "How are you going to get a job?"

"I'm studying music at uni."

Response: "What songs do you know."

Session work? Function band?

it's still much more likely to become a teacher
I was going to say a career as an artist would be harder. Then I read anime, and I was like, "oh well then if he can draw androgynous teens doing boring things in boring places then he should be okay." Unless you plan to do character designs for anime games in which case you'll be fine as long as you can draw androgynous teens doing awesome things in awesome places.
That's like asking whether you'd rather eat cat shit or dog shit. Either way, it's shit. Or as someone put earlier - either way, it's going to be ridiculously difficult, so you might as well do the thing you think is most fun.
whichever one you excel at.

and whatever to people saying you'll starve. i'm 20 and pay rent, utilities, cable, internet, food, beer and fun expenses each month just from playing and teaching music.
#DTWD
Quote by CoreysMonster

However, as an animator, you will not just be doing cartoons, alot of animators have to do whatever projects they can get their hands on in order to stay afloat. you'll most likely be a freelancer, and that's something you'll have to consider before choosing that career path.

same thing in music you silly goose. the way they put it to us in school, we have one focus that is our egg yolk and then we have a bunch of outlying specialties that are our egg white.

i gig, do session work, teach, etc. to make income. i don't mind.
#DTWD