Page 1 of 2
Quote by punkforlife93
I don't see any goddamn candy.

It's a cotton-candy cloud apparently.

And, just for the record, I don't have anything wrong with a naked Katy Perry.
as long as its not the jonas bros, its ok.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
This doesn't exactly stick out. Many covers look like this. If there is anything wrong with it, it's that it's not particularly interesting.
I don't think sex sold Smell the Glove very well, but some people make it work.
Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
Quote by master
You should have seen the cover she wanted to do. It wasn't a candy cloud, I can tell you that much.

How do you know this?
no matter what the cover is if you don't like the music you won't buy it. Girls are generally slags these days, in 10 years theyl have some bird gettin dp on the cover of pop music then claim its 'artistic'.
Quote by Burningritual
no matter what the cover is if you don't like the music you won't buy it. Girls are generally slags these days, in 10 years theyl have some bird gettin dp on the cover of pop music then claim its 'artistic'.

You don't know many girls do you?
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Well, that is this teenagers dream so I think it's about right!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

People use sex to sell things when what they are selling is shit. Its like promising pussy to anyone who buys the album (or any product). Then the stupid buyers come to find that they get no pussy and have a piece of shit product.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
theres a promotion theory called "The Male Gaze Theory", this is the use of clothing/lack of clothing to make males attracted to buy that album.

i think this is where it comes into good practice tbf

anyway who wouldn't want to see Katy Perry butt-naked
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Jul 22, 2010,
I don't see how it works. Being sexy has nothing to do with good music. I think using sex to sell records would only work on the 10-15 female market.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
It's not even that sexual or revealing. I am disappoint
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Fiddelers elbow

You don't know many girls do you?

how misguided you are.
An seriously you ever been to a club? You can't tell me the majority of girls there don't dress with the sole intent to get guys wanting to shag them. Look how they dress even when going to the supermarket!
Last edited by Burningritual at Jul 22, 2010,
Quote by Burningritual
how misguided you are.

You're hanging around with the wrong girls.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
You're hanging around with the wrong girls.

I hang round with decent members of society. The rest are fair game for a one night stand and then get out. I'd never treat my friends like that and they wouldn't let me. But there are a LOT of girls out there with the same sexual mind as lads. I guarantee that.
the website is the 50 sexiest album covers. katy's is number 50 .... if you keep going you'll see LOTS worst .... be warned number 1 is just plain disgusting.... Xp
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
I actually really like that Katy Perry album cover. It's not too in your face like some of the other covers featured in that article (Madonna anyone?) but sexy enough.
Quote by Burningritual

I'm a virgin too =] We should hang out.
...In my opinion.
Quote by Burningritual
Girls are generally slags these days, in 10 years theyl have some bird gettin dp on the cover of pop music then claim its 'artistic'.

I just LOL'd at that line...
Quote by Burningritual
I hang round with decent members of society. The rest are fair game for a one night stand and then get out. I'd never treat my friends like that and they wouldn't let me. But there are a LOT of girls out there with the same sexual mind as lads. I guarantee that.

Cold up there on your pedestal?

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Well if you have no artistic merit, it falls natural to use something tried and tested to sell what you're selling.
Quote by M0lliP0Ps
the website is the 50 sexiest album covers. katy's is number 50 .... if you keep going you'll see LOTS worst .... be warned number 1 is just plain disgusting.... Xp

Agreed. Casanova's was good though.
>.>
<.<
Page 1 of 2