I like the sound of the stock 333xl, and am curious as to how people who have changed the el34s in this amp to the 6l6s feel about it. The music i do with my band mixes a few genres and in some places the sound seems a bit too old school, so im considering getting 6l6s
try the combo, it comes with em stock
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
to me, 6l6 tubes (and overall american sound) are much more fleshy sound and bold. I just feel that el34's are too sterile and have that old school sound that i don't really like.

The natural tendency of 6l6's is to slightly scoop the mids (american tone), but i bump up my mids on my 5150II cuz it sounds cool.

You might want to experiment with 6l6's. Have an amp tech rebais your amp for said 6l6 tubes.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Not a fan of EL34s for modern metal tones, simply because they need to be pushed in order to really shine.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Not a fan of EL34s for modern metal tones, simply because they need to be pushed in order to really shine.

Yeah, this too. they just feel so held back, you know?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
Yeah, this too. they just feel so held back, you know?

I get a pretty awesome sound when I put the volume on the channel 2 almost all the way up while I set the master volume and gain accordingly. I keep the gain about half way. The sound is meaner and cleaner than when I put more gain.