So, all you Year 12s must be starting the UCAS process, ready to send off your applications at the end of the year, eh? How's it going? I've registered, but haven't started filling anything out yet. Dreading the personal statement, to be honest - I hate the sound of it.

Let's all share our difficulties, ask questions, and laugh at our miserable attempts at making ourselves sound better than we are in personal statements.
Get the Personal Statement and references done sooner rather than later, they're a right a bitch to get done quickly at the end, the rest of it is a piece of piss, do it now!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

yea get it done as soon as possible, otherwise you might not get a place at uni!!!
I banged out my Personal Statement in 20 minutes and I still got three offers, it doesn't have to be anything exceptional.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Depends on your school. Mine want it all completed by the end of the hols, and it'll get sent off around Christmas. Deadline for most unis is around February 2011, I think.
Oh the good old UCAS application.

You all start applying while we (those who applied last cycle) all start uni!
Ucas is cack along with the UK system. *grumble grumble*
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by LessThanLuke
Nobody's getting a place at uni any more thank-you-very-much-David-Cameron.

hello
I did my last year. My personal statement was the ****ing business. Got average grades, but still got offers from all the universities I applied to. ****ing yaldy.
Guys get it in asap. The colleges/Sixth Form say that UCAS don't send out your applications until after december, but that's bullshit. Several of my friends got offers for uni way before december cause they sent it earlier.

Also get help doing it. It's a goddamned bitch to do it.
I started mine in April this year

still got in where I wanted to go but it was a close thing.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
BUMP

I need a little help here. I sent of my ucas application a few weeks ago and there is a course I would like to change for antoher. I haven't got a responce for this course yet and I was wondering is there any way I could change it to a different course?
Quote by Duffman123
BUMP

I need a little help here. I sent of my ucas application a few weeks ago and there is a course I would like to change for antoher. I haven't got a responce for this course yet and I was wondering is there any way I could change it to a different course?

Is it at the same university?
Quote by Duffman123
Nope.

Then I don't think you can, unless you sent your application less than 2 weeks ago. I would check if there's anything you're supposed to click on the track thing, but I sent mine away longer ago than that so there's nothing there.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Then I don't think you can, unless you sent your application less than 2 weeks ago. I would check if there's anything you're supposed to click on the track thing, but I sent mine away longer ago than that so there's nothing there.

Aye there's an option called 'substitute choice' you can click when you go into the course. I'l ask a teacher tomorrow about this option.
How's it going, guys? Deadline soon.

I sent mine off in October, have received offers from Sussex and York, and an invitation to an Assessment Day at UCL next week. :/
^

Nice one on the offers.

I sent my UCAS form off through GTTR last week to do a Secondary English PGCE, choices in order were Bath Spa, Bristol, Bath, and UWE.

Haven't heard back yet. Fuckers charged me £17 to send the form off
Quote by gabcd86
How's it going, guys? Deadline soon.

I sent mine off in October, have received offers from Sussex and York, and an invitation to an Assessment Day at UCL next week. :/

Nice, I've got an interview at UCL too, near the end of March. I have an interview at Manchester in about a month, and I got an offer from Glasgow ages ago, almost as soon as I sent my application away. Still waiting on Imperial and Edinburgh, the bastards.
Mmm, well, at the end of the process, offers from UCL, Sussex and York. King's and LSE turned me down. UCL will be tricky to get, but I don't want to leave* London.

*well, 'move back somewhere other than London'

How's it coming?
University put me off of going to university

waste of money is wasteful

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by gabcd86
Mmm, well, at the end of the process, offers from UCL, Sussex and York. King's and LSE turned me down. UCL will be tricky to get, but I don't want to leave* London.

How's it coming?

I had one off Sussex last year. It was a really tough choice between it and Bangor, I wish I had my Bangor friends in Sussex
Quote by gabcd86

How's it coming?

Nice man. I've got a friend who's applying for a London uni. Not sure which one it is though I think it's Imperial.

I applied at York, it looks really nice shame it's not Leeds though :P
Found that Sheffield rejected me very quickly without so much as an interview or anything like that. Found that weird.
I've heard about it but right now i'm just going to concentrate on my AS exams instead of that.

and by concentrate on AS exams I mean play Xbox and get high.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I had my interview at Bath Spa today, I hear back within two weeks ^__^

It's so late. I should be applying for finance already.
I applied to Bath Spa too, although I doubt I'll be going, as it's the same grades is my main choice (Chichester). Speaking of which, I'm visiting Chichester uni for a taster day in a few weeks, I'm kind of nervous about not knowing anybody. Ah well. If it doesn't live up to expectations then Bath Spa is my next choice. What's the campus like?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
^

What course are you doing?

I applied for a PGCE, and they didn't do my interview at the main campus, they did it at the PGCE centre out in the middle of nowhere. So I don't know, sorry
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
^

What course are you doing?

I applied for a PGCE, and they didn't do my interview at the main campus, they did it at the PGCE centre out in the middle of nowhere. So I don't know, sorry

Erm, I can't remember if it was English Literature or Eng Lit with creative writing, both with the prospect of going on to do a teaching degree afterwards (although I do feel bad for doing an academic degree and then a one year teaching course) with the hope of becoming an A-level English teacher.

And okay, no worries.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I just got my final reply today. Rejection from Edinburgh.

I've decided to put Manchester as my firm and UCL as my insurance. I was originally hoping to go to Imperial, but after actually going to see the place I thought it looked pretty shit, especially in comparison to Manchester, which looks amazing. Obviously it's a top notch uni, but it just didn't feel like the sort of place I would want to live... that, and I got rejected anyway.
Quote by LessThanLuke
Nobody's getting a place at uni any more thank-you-very-much-David-Cameron.

Except my application was sent months ago and I got accepted.

Holla if you're wasting your money at BIMM Brighton!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Todd Hart
Erm, I can't remember if it was English Literature or Eng Lit with creative writing, both with the prospect of going on to do a teaching degree afterwards (although I do feel bad for doing an academic degree and then a one year teaching course) with the hope of becoming an A-level English teacher.

And okay, no worries.

Oooh that's cool, good luck

There was a CW student from Bath Spa at my interview today, I don't think he got it though, he was like I HATE SHAKESPEARE and "I don't know how I'll get enthusiastic about teaching literature, when I really don't like it"

Well done, dickhead
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Whoop I got an unconditional offer at Bath Spa ^__^

Congrats!
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Thanks!

I'm over the moon. Now I just have to apply for my loans and scratch together the £6k the government have snatched from me somehow