I usually put .009's on my guitar but I now use it for drop tunings so I got DR's Drop Down Tuning strings. The strings have a .060 low E. I think it's too wide for my nut. Can I make it fit without buying a new nut?
I enjoy Music

Yup, you just need to widen the nut slot. You can do these by using special nut files, but these are expensive. If you do not want to spend so much on these, then ive heard you can use your old set of .009's as a file. Instead of a nut file, use an E string to slowly file away at the nut until the new E fits.
Quote by minnis
Yup, you just need to widen the nut slot. You can do these by using special nut files, but these are expensive. If you do not want to spend so much on these, then ive heard you can use your old set of .009's as a file. Instead of a nut file, use an E string to slowly file away at the nut until the new E fits.

thats a good idea. I would have just said use a nail file or something of the sort
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
I had the same problem; I just was very careful with my pocketknife! Worked very well for me.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12