Hey guys,

I'm working on my first tab (I've done some other crappy ones in notepad), but I've made it my mission to do it Guitar Pro 5. Now the song I chose is pretty simple, but there are NO tabs on the net for it. I've figured out how to play the main riff at the beginning, but when I try putting it into Guitar Pro, I can't for the life of me figure out the timing for each note.

I started to think, maybe my tempo is way off... and was hoping someone here could double check that for me. Here's the song (go to like 2 minutes to skip the intro):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ngKJRGR78

If I could at least confirm the tempo, I can figure out how long a bar is, and therefore whether the notes are 1/8th, 1/4th etc etc. And just for reference, I figure the tempo is about 90 bmp.

My other question is related to the notes themselves. Is it possible that some notes can't be categorized as a 1/6th, 1/8th, 1/4th, half, whole etc? Like a triplet over 2 beats? How the heck do I get that coded into Guitar Pro? And, if you were kind enough to listen to some of the song, can you tell if this would be part of my problem?

Anyways, if someone would help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! Even if you just tap your foot and confirm the tempo I'm self taught and don't have any teacher or friend to help me out!
Use ties for something like that, to get odd patterns or longer then whole notes
Hmmm... ok, so should I experiment with a tie across a bar? Or do you think it has more to do with notes that's have odd durations, like 3/16th of a note (1/8th tied with a 1/16th)?

Sorry, I'm a total noob at this stuff... but I can actually see where there maybe be a 3/16th followed by a 1/16th. I slowed the song down and marked off the beats, and it totally looked like a note was 3/4 the length of a beat, followed by a 1/16th. I couldn't get that part to sound right in GP.