Just bought these pickups. haven't installed them yet. Any thoughts on these?
Most people here don't like them.

Personally, I love the tone the Nile guitarists manage to coax from them.
A bit muddy on the low end, sure. But br00tlz aplenty.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Most people here don't like them.

Personally, I love the tone the Nile guitarists manage to coax from them.
A bit muddy on the low end, sure. But br00tlz aplenty.

Br00tlz should come from your amp, not your pickups though imo.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Why not from both?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
They are very solid straight into a tube amp, maybe though a distortion used as a boost. Cleans aren't that great, lack midrange, but that isn't what they are for. I ultimately felt they were a little too one-dimensional.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

That's bull, I've proved it. I went from 18 volt EMG 81's to a Barenuckle Painkiller, massive difference, the Painkiller is so much more punchy than the EMG's it's not even debatable.

Through a good amp, pickups can make all the difference.

The Evo's, I've heard bad things about them, heard the cleans are not to great.
I picked up the cheaper version of the Invaders (Duncan Detonator) a while back and put it in my Ibanez. HUGE improvement!!! Now i HAVE heard that the Detonators are SLIGHTLY different than the Invaders, and not as muddy. I haven't tried Invaders on my rigs, so I can't confirm or deny that.
I WILL say that mine are NOT weak in the mid-range! I liked it so much, I got another Detonator for my Michael Kelly Vex (Rockfield Mafias were too bright for me).
These things ARE quite hot! For true cleans your gonna need to roll the gain WAY back.
If your old pups were very strong in the mid-range, and high end, you'll be wanting to make some bigger changes on your amp, but I don't think it should be an issue to get the sounds you want.
Running into my 6262, there is NO need for an OD pedal on the lead channel! On the crunch, I like an EQ pedal in front but that's it.
When you get those pups in, the difference is like switching an OD on! At least it was compared to the Ibanez V8, and to a somewhat lesser extent, the Rockfield mafia.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune