A couple quick Q's on the equipment I need:

I have my Line 6 Vetta, an XLR out on the Vetta, my interface (w Phantom power if thatmakes a dif) and a couple mics. Now, can I re amp with JUST a DI box? Or do i need a DI Box as well as a reamp box?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
A couple quick Q's on the equipment I need:

I have my Line 6 Vetta, an XLR out on the Vetta, my interface (w Phantom power if thatmakes a dif) and a couple mics. Now, can I re amp with JUST a DI box? Or do i need a DI Box as well as a reamp box?

A "reamp box" is essentially a reverse DI. Basically it takes the signal from out of your interface, and outputs it to the amp, which you then mic up and record that signal.

You can't do it with just a DI. You need a "reamp box" as you call it.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
^While this is 100% true in terms of facts, it is only about 90% true for all practical purposes. Depending on the sounds you're looking for, you *might* be able to achieve the same results using a DI box.

However... if I'm spending money, I really hate to go with *might* for now, and in the middle of a session find myself going "damn! why isn't this working the way it should?"

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.