Been recording for a while got some kinda interesting songs down would love if someone could take a listen and give me some feedback. You dont have to listen to them all unless your really interested there pretty varied though so one might be your style.

http://www.myspace.com/pyongyanghotel
SMILE!
It sounds good, it just has some vocal and mixing issues. I'd like to help you cause I think you can go somewhere good with this. The first thing I'm going to tell you, your vocals sound good, but emotionless, like, they're good from a pitch and sound perspective, but from the human perspective, they sound bland. Try to sing with more emotion, span your words out a bit.

Next is the mix, I know myspace has horrible compression on their MP3's, but the guitars sound small, they need to come up in the mix. What I prefer to do is make everything level, and then jack with the mids and highs to make what I want to be more present, like vocals and lead guitar.

Keep it up man.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It sounds good, it just has some vocal and mixing issues. I'd like to help you cause I think you can go somewhere good with this. The first thing I'm going to tell you, your vocals sound good, but emotionless, like, they're good from a pitch and sound perspective, but from the human perspective, they sound bland. Try to sing with more emotion, span your words out a bit.

Next is the mix, I know myspace has horrible compression on their MP3's, but the guitars sound small, they need to come up in the mix. What I prefer to do is make everything level, and then jack with the mids and highs to make what I want to be more present, like vocals and lead guitar.

Keep it up man.

Thanks it should have occured to me to modify the songs to compensate for the compression and such ill give it a go, and I know im no great singer but ill try some emotion .
SMILE!
I liked fire in an orphanage. was my favorite of the lot. something you did great was making a wide variety of stuff. you will get a wider span of fans that way. always a plus to be a well rounded musician in all genres and types of music and not just one. An area you could do better in is probably vocals and a maybe a little better phrasing during certain parts. overall i love it though.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24780674#post24780674

c4c?