Page 1 of 2
Im filming a short horror film and I wanted to know what y'all thinkl makes a serial killer scary.

The film is being shot documentary style(think quarantine) and takes place at a summer camp.
I must say I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked this thread..
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
How many movies are you making exactly, TS?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
How completely charming and average they seem to most people.

I'm dead serious.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Actually he is a girl, Im thinking she should kill ppl with a baseball bat. What do y'all think?

Also Just one but I have a lot of work to do to improve it before we shoot.
Quote by freakforjesus
Actually he is a girl, Im thinking she should kill ppl with a baseball bat. What do y'all think?

Do it TS!
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Make him repeat the line 'Why so Serious?' every 30 secs.
Do it for the lulz.
Well women serial killers are usually kind of weird and nervous or act perfectly normal from what I've gathered, but you can make them however you want. Tis your film after all. Break the mould
Since it's a she, won't all of the film be set in the kitchen?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by freakforjesus
he is a girl,

Lulz

Read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Those will be pretty helpful to make the killer a real character. I only include the latter because APD doesn't have much to say about empathy.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by padgea7x
Since it's a she, won't all of the film be set in the kitchen?

GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
The women wont have much of a speaking part.

The basic story is that a Girl and her friend(the guy who will hold the camera and film(probably me)) arrives at a summer camp late at night and cant find anyone. While searching she runs into one of the creatures (probably the zombie) she will then run all over camp while being chased by dufferent monsters she keeps running into.
-Spoiler-
For the ending she will wake up in her cabin realize it was a bad dream and get up to wash her face with cold water. After washing her face she will look up to see none other than the serial killer staring at her from the mirror(iinstead of her reflection) the mirror cracks, creepy music plays and the credits roll
Quote by damian_91

Do it TS!

When I first saw that picture over 1 year ago. I thought Varg was a girl.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by freakforjesus

-Spoiler-
For the ending she will wake up in her cabin realize it was a bad dream

Quote by freakforjesus

The basic story is that a Girl and her friend(the guy who will hold the camera and film(probably me)) arrives at a summer camp late at night and cant find anyone. While searching she runs into one of the creatures (probably the zombie) she will then run all over camp while being chased by dufferent monsters she keeps running into.
-Spoiler-
For the ending she will wake up in her cabin realize it was a bad dream and get up to wash her face with cold water. After washing her face she will look up to see none other than the serial killer staring at her from the mirror(iinstead of her reflection) the mirror cracks, creepy music plays and the credits roll

No. Just no.

Also, the plot doesn't even make sense. What has the serial killer got anythign to do with it?

EDIT:
Quote by freakforjesus
-Spoiler-

Quote by freakforjesus

-Spoiler-

Zombie? Creatures? I thought this was about a serial killer? How many movies ARE you making TS?
For your dignity's sake...I sincerely do not think you should go through with making this film.
Its not supposed to make sense, its for fun, well really cuase we live at a summer camp and are bored out of our minds.
Movies that were really dreams suck ass, it's like you just sat through two hours of nothing.
also the movie is supposed to be a piece of crap. Its supposed to be one of the worst horror films ever.
Movies that were really dreams suck ass, it's like you just sat through two hours of nothing.

If you have a better ending please share it with us
Quote by freakforjesus
also the movie is supposed to be a piece of crap. Its supposed to be one of the worst horror films ever.

Then why would you want to make a realistic and scary serial killer?
Quote by freakforjesus

I bet it will be horrific.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
So your ending is a mix of super mario 2's ending and nightmare on elm street's ending?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.

If you have a better ending please share it with us

If you want to make the worst horror movie, than go with that.
How about the twist is you have several different loose ends in the plot that never get resolved?
Quote by freakforjesus
thx but seriously if you have better bad ending that would be great

Have the screen go black in the middle of the movie and end it.
I dont like the screen going out in the middle of the film(its only gonna be like 5-10 min. long) and we already have loosed ends in the plot mainly becuase we dont have much of a plot. We created characters for the film and that was about how far we got... we arent very productive and when put in a room together we all suffer from severe ADD
Google "Javed Iqbal" and I'm pretty sure you'll have a good idea of why serial killers are scary.
Quote by freakforjesus

A baseball bat is rather boring. Also, I think you should keep the method of killing a secret until the end, and make it something shocking.
Quote by Concat
Google "Javed Iqbal" and I'm pretty sure you'll have a good idea of why serial killers are scary.

There are much worse.
John Wayne Gacy
Richard Chase Colin Ireland

EDIT: Also I hope TS is trolling, this 'movie' sounds awful.
Last edited by garfgarfgarf at Jul 22, 2010,
Don't just have people being killed on camera that makes a lame movie.

I would make the killer seem as normal as possible, because there is no way you can make it "disturbing" with a low budget, plus that's not interesting anymore.
Quote by Våd Hamster

I just noticed you sigged me.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Declan87
A machete and a hockey mask

and make him silly walk.

base your killer on John Robinson, Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy.

you got a BDSM-loving, women-hating, VW Beetle-driving, child/women-raping/eating Russian clown.

DirtEdit: added Andrei Chikatilo.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 22, 2010,
Page 1 of 2