following me as i drive down streets unknown
if his subtle stench is just a rotting reminder
to myself that i don't have the strength
let alone any idea as to how
i can go any deeper
with you
here, My Dear, here it is
Last edited by SubwayToVenus at Jul 24, 2010,
It's a bad idea to post lyrics or tabs of your own material onto the internet. they're easily stolen ._.
Quote by FIamingo
It's a bad idea to post lyrics or tabs of your own material onto the internet. they're easily stolen ._.

I appreciate the concern my man. Good looking
here, My Dear, here it is
if you ever want to blow off steam, I'm always rather cold and wouldn't mind a bit.
there are a lot of things I think you could do to cut this down a bit; it's a beautiful piece and says so much about intricate things between parent and child but it takes a while to get there. I really like this, though. Will read the rest of the 'suite'
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

What you've seen are either stump sprouts or roots sprouts growing close to the stump. And they're more common than you might think, depending on what time of year the tree was cut and the species of tree. You can even get these on trees that haven't been cut or injured, although on live trees, the sprouts are called suckers: http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4… What happens is there are side (axial) buds which begin to develop.

Just because you've cut down a tree, though, doesn't mean the entire tree is dead. The root system is still intact (ask anyone who has ever tryied to pull out a stump). And trees are rarely ever cut down at ground level. There are still dormant buds (in some species) on what's left of the stump, and some trees can produce stems along their roots. This rarely happens with conifers (pine, spruce, hemlock) but is more often seen in the flowering trees. And trees cut in winter or early spring seem (at least to me) to be more apt to produce sprouts. And some like mulberry and tree-of-heaven seem willing to grow them no matter when the tree is cut.

So it does have something to do with season. Also with the age of the tree. Older trees have a more extensive root system, so they're better able to supply new growth with water, and they have a larger diameter, so more area for dormant buds to be present. I've sometimes seen stumps cut the previous winter have 60+ small sprouts (a beech tree) the following summer. But all of these won't survive. At best, you may get a few make it to the next year.

And I've seen stumps cut the previous winter have sprouts to 10-12 feet tall by the end of their first growing season (a tulip poplar).
.....................................................................................

Televisie
Brother toner
^ dear god stfu before someone tries to interpret that as symbolic
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja