Hey UG,

This look like the right place to be talking about this so here goes.

I have this riff and i think it has potential but cant find a way to fit it around a song or any progressions

Key:A
tempo: moderate

A A A A
e|--5--X-X--5----------------------5--X--X-5---------------
B|--5--X-X--5----------------------5--X--X-5---------------
G|--6--X-X--6----------------------6--X--X-6---------------
D|--7--X-X--7--7b-5---------5----7--X--X-7---------5----
A|--7--X-X--7---------7-5-7---7--7--X--X-7--5-6-7---7-
E|--5--X-X--5----------------------5--X--X-5---------------
D
e|--5--X-X-----------------------
B|--7--X-X------------------------
G|--7--X-X---7b-5---------5----
D|--7--X-X----------7-5-7---7--
A|--5--X-X-----------------------
E|--5--X-X-----------------------

the is more to the riff but im lazy if you like it il finish it

but i was wondering i have this riff but cant wrap it around a song what would you do?
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
If I make up a riff I usually imagine how I put it in the song,what riff is gonna be the opening,will it be the riff for the singing too,will I have 2 guitars?Will they play the same riff?
Stuff like that.
Usually I make an intro,then I play the riff I made up a couple of times,Then It's where I think the singing should get in so I either change riff or stay with this one.
You need to be creative,try to play the same but 2 frets up alot of people do it and it works.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I'd have the rythem guitar keep playing the chords and mutes you have, and make the lead play the walking line in its designated spot, like it's a solo or something.
Make it a twelve bar blues maybe? Kick that riff up to D, then E and back to A.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by ryand111

but i was wondering i have this riff but cant wrap it around a song what would you do?

I would forget about it and write something else. Come back to it later if and when you are inspired enough to finish it.
shred is gaudy music
Well you know the key (A major). So you know what chords are ordinarily used in that key. Randomly pick some and play in random order. Now your song is finished.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
id be willing to help write more but i play in drop c if i could incorporate this into that tuning would you be interested?
For a heart of ice,
a winters night is a breathless kiss,

For a heart of fire,
a summers day is a lovers embrace.

-Me-
"ohh a piece of candy!!!"