I just recently bought a Focusrite Saffire 6 and am planning on using it with Sonar Home Studio 4. Once I got everything installed I was able to record but the recording sounded fuzzy and poppy. I looked up a tutorial on how to set up Focusrite with Sonar products but the Sonar DAW the guy in the tutorial is using has different options than my HS4. Do I need a new DAW?
"I used to have a drug problem, but now I make enough money so that it's not a problem anymore." -David Lee Roth
You won't need a new DAW, however Reaper is a good alternative to Sonar

I am a PT guy, but I have had my experiences with other interfaces and DAW's.

The fuzzy and poppy sound could be related to so many issues outside of the DAW and interface itself.

I need more detail to help you.

What kind of computer? Computer specs?

If you were able to record, then it means your interface works with your software, but the fuzzy and poppy sounds points to something else.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I have a Dell, its not that old but its not new and its got XP SP2. Do you need more info?
"I used to have a drug problem, but now I make enough money so that it's not a problem anymore." -David Lee Roth
Quote by A D Hays
I have a Dell, its not that old but its not new and its got XP SP2. Do you need more info?

Yep!

Need system specifications. What do you have in terms of RAM and hard drive space and processor?
RAM = 256 MB
HARDSPACE = 18 GB free
PROSSESOR = Pentium 4 CPU 2.536Hz

I have to say that when I recording something and export it there are no crackles and pops. However, when I try to listen to it in HS the crackles occur. Also I am running the output through the soundcard while doing this, maybe thats the issue. However, the audio seems very quiet when I play back either the exported track or crackling project track in HS.
Last edited by A D Hays at Jul 22, 2010,
Quote by A D Hays
RAM = 256 MB
HARDSPACE = 18 GB free
PROSSESOR = Pentium 4 CPU 2.536Hz

I have to say that when I recording something and export it there are no crackles and pops. However, when I try to listen to it in HS the crackles occur. Also I am running the output through the soundcard while doing this, maybe thats the issue. However, the audio seems very quiet when I play back either the exported track or crackling project track in HS.

I am assuming that from the amount of RAM in your computer, the DAW is having trouble with playback. Also, if your export is very quiet it means that your input was very quiet.

Quiet in - Quiet Out.
So is there anyway to fix this problem? I actually just recording using an amplifier and the signal isnt quiet. However, when I try to play back what I had just recorded using my DAW the sound is very odd. Not so much crackly but almost like its at a lower pitch.
Quote by A D Hays
So is there anyway to fix this problem? I actually just recording using an amplifier and the signal isnt quiet. However, when I try to play back what I had just recorded using my DAW the sound is very odd. Not so much crackly but almost like its at a lower pitch.

As to fixing the problem:

Upgrading your RAM in your computer will help with that. That's about all you can do though with your PC right now. That is of course, unless it has something to do with how you are recording and then trying to play back. It could just be your recordings themselves that are poppy and clicky, in which case there is your problem, but looking at the specs of your computer, it seems to me that it is the fact that you don't have a lot of room in RAM for your DAW to run and playback at the same time. This could also be affecting your bounces, and why they "sound odd"

Also:

The signal being "odd" can have a lot to do with how you are recording it.

So....how are you recording it? What equipment are you using? What interface? What microphone?

All of this info will help a lot!

Thanks!
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Jul 22, 2010,
I was recording it with an MXL 990 infront of the amp, a Bugera halfstack. The quiality was fine when I exported the file but when I pushed play in HS it sounded too slow.