Fender '72 Thinline Telecaster

First, of course, is the pr0n:

Body (front):

Body (back):

Headstock (front):

Headstock (back):

Ok, so, heres the story. Went to GC GASsing for a new guitar. First thing I told myself before I walked in the door was not to walk out with a guitar unless I was in love with it. Spent a solid four hours trying everything from PRS SE, Gibsons, MIA Standard Strats/Teles, etc... And then I found this. I was a little thrown of seeing it was MIM, but the way it caught my eye as I walked by was pretty intense. I picked it up and plugged it in to a Tweaker (same amp that I have) and it honestly made me melt in every way possible. After about a solid 45 minutes of playing, I put it back and started looking around again, the whole time thinking about it. I was hooked, so I purchased.

For those of you who don't know much about this style Tele, it was basically Fender taking the standard tele in 1972 and taking it to a whole different level; double-humbucking, f-hole, pickguard, etc. The body is made of ash and the neck/fretboard is maple. Die-cast tuners, nickle-silver frets, 7.25" fingerboard radius, string-through.

As far as tone, the thing is a beast as far as versatility. The best way I can describe is that it's not as thin as a standard Tele but not as thick as an LP, which is perfect for me. The guitar resonates very well due to the semi-hollow design and the sustain is decent for passive pups. All in all an awesome looking and sounding guitar for the price ($800 USD).
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I came. HNGD dude, this guitar is unbelievably beautiful!

Please oh please treat it with respect.
wow man that is beautiful! i was very surprised when it said made in mexico on the headstock. nice score man. i love ash guitars!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by Tokki Wartooth
I came. HNGD dude, this guitar is unbelievably beautiful!

Please oh please treat it with respect.

Thanks man, it plays like a beauty. I can't set it down.

Also, thanks for the other HGDs, definitely was a solid choice for me.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
hey one more question. you said it has a fretboard radius of 7.25". that seems incredibly round! do you think that was one of the selling points for you? im unsure of the radii of all of my guitars so i dont know if i would like that one or not

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
hey one more question. you said it has a fretboard radius of 7.25". that seems incredibly round! do you think that was one of the selling points for you? im unsure of the radii of all of my guitars so i dont know if i would like that one or not

Actually to be completely honest I fell in love with the smaller frets (being that it only has 21), it makes me feel right at home when I switch in and out from my acoustic, which is one of the things I was looking for in the beginning. I play alot with my thumb and it didn't make me have mold my wrist in uncomfortable ways to get what I normally wanted to achieve done, and the playability is very fast due to the fact that it's a glossed maple fretboard. I have abnormally small hands for my height and it just felt entirely fluid for me.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
That is a beautiful guitar. Be sure to post some samples soon.
Nice purchase, I normally don't like telecasters, but this one looks good !

By the way, do you own other semi-hollow guitars or did you try any ? How does this compares ?
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
HNGD! I love 72 Teles of any kind! Buying my 72' Deluxe was one of the best decisions I eve made.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
HNGD! Aren't Teles the best!

That one for sure is sexy.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Nice, congrats!

now shove a piezo bridge in there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
now shove a piezo bridge in there.

I would if the f-hole wasn't blocked off. Plus, the bridge pup sounds pretty good as is. Not sure how I would go about upgrading the pups in the future though, since it has a different housing than your typical humbucking guitar.

And thanks
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
HNGD!!

The '72 Tele Deluxe/Thinline range is definitely one of the best!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
HNGD bro! Looks really nice!
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203