I used to have an Ibanez RG 470 and I'm thinking about getting another one soon but I'm finding out there are other RG's that look similar like the 550,570,and 770 what are the differences between these guitars? Any help appreciated
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Well, the RG 5xx and 7xx guitars are considered pretty much the best Ibanez has ever created. They have the original Edge tremolo, which is considered to be as good as or, depending on who you ask, better than an OFR. Also, the RG 550 has a pickguard, the 570 does not. I'm not quite sure what the difference between the 770 is, but http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Ibanez_Guitar_Wiki probably has the answer.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
Well key differences can be various things:
Pickups
Colour
Bridge
Tuners
Wood
You get the idea. So basically i think you should study some reviews of the different guitars and see what you can find out since I'm too lazy to.
Ok cool...I loved the locking tremolo on the 470 I had I'm guessing it was an edge....I'll study up on them...I kinda just figured out the 550 has the pickguard which I think makes it look to much like a Jem....looks don't usually matter to me but when there's 2 guitars that are basically the same just a cosmetic difference then I'll go with the one I like the looks of better....

Thanks
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
The 5XX was the most stripped down Japanese RG, the 7XX had some cosmetic upgrades, and different pickups. The 7XX had sharktooth inlays, bound fretboards, IBZUSA pickups (Dimarzio's, but some had slight changes), where the 5XX had Ibanez pickups, dot inlays and no binding.
Other than that, they're basically the same thing.
Also, the numbers after the 5/7 tell you what pickup layout it has (although some dont follow these codes for some reason) X would be 3/4/5/6/7 etc, depending on the guitar
X20 - H-H, no pickguard
X50 - HSH, pickguard
X60 - HS, no pickguard
X70 - HSH, no pickguard
Those are the main ones, there are others.
Quote by littlephil
The 5XX was the most stripped down Japanese RG, the 7XX had some cosmetic upgrades, and different pickups. The 7XX had sharktooth inlays, bound fretboards, IBZUSA pickups (Dimarzio's, but some had slight changes), where the 5XX had Ibanez pickups, dot inlays and no binding.
Other than that, they're basically the same thing.
Also, the numbers after the 5/7 tell you what pickup layout it has (although some dont follow these codes for some reason) X would be 3/4/5/6/7 etc, depending on the guitar
X20 - H-H, no pickguard
X50 - HSH, pickguard
X60 - HS, no pickguard
X70 - HSH, no pickguard
Those are the main ones, there are others.

this guy knows waay too much.
Quote by littlephil
Or, not enough

I don't know much, philly, but theres one thing i know, and that its that you know too much. =)