Hey folks.

I've just completely shielded my Jackson DKMGT electric guitar cavities with copper shielding tape. I know the electronics inside are grounded, as in some wires are soldered to a short metal strip that is screwed onto the wood.

Would I need to connect any of those wires to my copper tape? Would just surrounding the cavities with copper tape get the job done?

Thanks
Last edited by keennay at Jul 22, 2010,
The best way is to pick a point, one single point, like the back of a pot, a screw, or the sleeve of the jack and solder all grounded points to that. A good way to make sure the copper works is to just take and screw a screw through the tape into the wood and then use that to solder to solder to your point instead of directly onto the tape.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
The best way is to pick a point, one single point, like the back of a pot, a screw, or the sleeve of the jack and solder all grounded points to that. A good way to make sure the copper works is to just take and screw a screw through the tape into the wood and then use that to solder to solder to your point instead of directly onto the tape.

Okay yeah, that's how it was originally done on this guitar. I've kept the screws, which are now screwed through the copper tape, onto the wood.

I'm feeling pretty confident on my work, thanks!