Hey guys I need some help,

The other day I was playing my guitar and suddenly my middle finger (left hand) got a sharp pain in the top (where i had played a string), and it hurt whenever i touched it. It has been 2 days and I can still feel it, but its not as bad. The weird thing is it looks normal, no marks or anything. I have been playing for several years, I already have a bunch of callus built up on my fingers. Do you think a piece of the string got up there? I should probably replace my strings right? But what do I do with my finger? Its uncomfortable to play with it.

thanks
Replace it too, I would go with some 0.09s.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Maybe u have an ingrown nail? Thats what happened to me a while ago. I didn't take good care of it and it got infected and I was unable to play guitar for like a month.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
See a doctor.

/thread

It's probably nothing serious though. Just suck it up.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by NEX44
Wow thank you so much everybody for no help at all

I tried to help...

Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
I was just wondering if someone could tell me if it was the strings fault

jesus christ...
yes its the strings....are you happy? did you get what you wanted to hear?
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
I clearly stated that it sounds to me like an ingrown nail.

I don't see much possibility for a microscopic bit of sting to break off and wedge itself into your finger while keeping the whole string still intact.
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
Quote by NEX44
Wow thank you so much everybody for no help at all

You're asking a bunch of teenagers who can barely clothe themselves in the morning for medical help. See a doctor if the pain persists.

Reported
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 22, 2010,
I had the same problem a few months back, just rest it for a few days until you can comfortably play again. It's nothing serious.
Quote by NEX44
I was just wondering if someone could tell me if it was the strings fault

jesus christ...
Funny. I thought you were asking for medical advice, which isn't allowed.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Last edited by Led Pepplin at Jul 22, 2010,
If you think it might be the strings, replace them, but seeing as its just your middle finger, i would think you strained it, so just take a break.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.