Im having 2 problems with my guitar electronics right now, the configuration is 2 humbuckers (Seymour Duncan SH-1 and SH-6) wired into 2 volumes, 1 tone and a 3 way switch.

One of the problems is that the pickups are doing pretty high noise for being humbuckers... the other problem is that when im on the middle position if i close to 0 one of the volume knobs the signal gets killed instead of leaving just 1 pickup working.

So im guessing that maybe its a potenciometer problem, every ground connection was double checked and all is ok, i doubt that the pickups are the problem since they are Duncans and both pickups cant be causing the problem its too munch a coinsidence.
Last edited by TheStratGod at Jul 22, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
either a pot or grounding problem.

I dont think its a grounding problem... when im using the middle position on the switch the signal its supposed to be killed when i turn off one of the volume controls ?... the wiring is similar to a les paul.
Quote by TheStratGod
I dont think its a grounding problem... when im using the middle position on the switch the signal its supposed to be killed when i turn off one of the volume controls ?... the wiring is similar to a les paul.

yes that's how the modern wiring works. 50's style wiring will allow you to have independent control over each pickup.

The noise is what makes me think there's a cold or broken connection somewhere in your grounding chain.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
yes that's how the modern wiring works. 50's style wiring will allow you to have independent control over each pickup.

The noise is what makes me think there's a cold or broken connection somewhere in your grounding chain.

IC, didnt know that...

I resoldered all the grounding connections on the guitar, so i dont think its a cold or broken connection... guess i will try with new pots.

To test if the pots are the ones to blame it would be recommendable to solder the pickups directly yo the switch and leave the ground connections on the pots ?... they will not work but probably will give me an idea of whats going on.