Soo... one of my stock strings snapped and i gotta buy new ones, but since i dont really know anything about strings i need some help with what strings i should buy.

I play everything so i need the strings to be pretty allround, that means from green day to clapton to maiden... i got a fake strat by Supreme... (and i always have my guitar in standard tuning.

Oh i also use a Line6 FloorPod so i need it to sound good with that^^

anyways thanks for the help^^
Everyones needs/wants/preferences are different. Try some out yourself, read reviews online, shop around until you find what's right for you. Going with a big name brand like Ernie ball, ghs, to start off with would be the obvious thing to do
it's important that the strings you buy are the same thickness as the strings you had on your guitar before (unless of course you want to setup up your guitar again).
I use Elexir 0.010 coated strings.

There is one rule though. the thicker the string the better the tone
Do you have a tuner? If not, GET ONE! I would stick with some pretty light strings if I were you since you are new. It shouldn't matter what gauge he gets since I doubt his guitar was set up. The advice I have for you would be get some light gauge strings (9-42) and another set like 10-46's or something like that. Slap the 9s on first then try the 10s after you play the crap out of the 9s, see what you like more. I played around with all sorts of different gauges until I found one I liked.

Change all of the strings at the same time even though you only snapped one.
Quote by Themoosehunter
it's important that the strings you buy are the same thickness as the strings you had on your guitar before (unless of course you want to setup up your guitar again).
I use Elexir 0.010 coated strings.

There is one rule though. the thicker the string the better the tone

0.01? damn
Quote by Jackamedmos
0.01? damn

That's a standard set of 10s. Strings, in the US at least, are measured in hundredths of an inch.

And I strongly disagree with bigger strings equals better tone. The tone will be beefier, not necessarily better. For guitars like Teles, I'd rather have lighter strings for the characteristic twang.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
That's a standard set of 10s. Strings, in the US at least, are measured in hundredths of an inch.

And I strongly disagree with bigger strings equals better tone. The tone will be beefier, not necessarily better. For guitars like Teles, I'd rather have lighter strings for the characteristic twang.

agreed... all of it.

unless ur in seriously dropped tunnings, no need to go way heavy with strings. I dig EB's for the twang. heavy top slinky bottoms are not extreme in either direction and are a great place to start finding out what u like.
Dr 10's
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
Quote by GrisKy
agreed... all of it.

unless ur in seriously dropped tunnings, no need to go way heavy with strings. I dig EB's for the twang. heavy top slinky bottoms are not extreme in either direction and are a great place to start finding out what u like.

But even downtuning, some prefer the tone lighter strings give you. Iommi fans for example love the lighter strings tuned down to C#. Plenty of thick tone going on there.

Then there's Billy Gibbons who uses .008s on his guitar and if he doesn't have fat tone, I don't know who does.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
In terms of what brand, just buy a new brand every time you need a change. After a year you'll have a good enough opinion yourself. Strings are cheap anyways.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.