So I don't think my Marshall is as loud as it's supposed to be. I have my channel and master volume on half way and it's hard to compete with a Peavey 6505 on 2 1/2. Is this normal?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
What kind of cab are you running it through, are your impedances matched, are your tubes new, etc?

If you provide some specifics, it'll be easier to help.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by Karlboy
What kind of cab are you running it through, are your impedances matched, are your tubes new, etc?

If you provide some specifics, it'll be easier to help.

Through an Orange 4x12, Impedance is matched, Tubes are new and biased
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Remember that Marshall may claim the JVM to be 100 watts only because it has four EL-34's. Truth is, it might be more, it might be less. That a four output valve amp is 100 watt is stereotyping (can be right, but may also be very wrong). Also, I've heard that how you measure watts really makes a difference (there's something about diffrent ways or something, someone else probably knows this better than I).

The 5150/6505 is 120w.

AND, volume controls are not ehh... tapered? They dont have equal jumps in volume between 1 - 3 and 7 - 9...

Hope this may help!

EDIT: Check your mids... put them higher... I find my JVM to be quite scooped... I like my mids around 7 - 8 playing metalcore...
Last edited by Lil'hl at Jul 23, 2010,