My whole idea here is if there's a site that gives audio examples of common singing problems and how they cause you to sound (eg over-breathiness, high larynx, strained pulled-up chest voice, etc.), then we could easily identify what problem we have with our technique and then we could focus our practise on exercises that work specifically on fixing that problem.

It'll be almost as good as having an actual singing teacher for us poor folk, if there isn't already a website like this out there there REALLY should be.
Not a bad idea. I should just videotape myself singing and then make the website myself.
Roger Love has a written a book for you. Look it up on amazon it has examples of improper singing etc. on the CD.
Lots of examples on people's profiles here at UG....

It would be really unethical (but funny as hell) to make up a thread with a directory linking to people's profiles with examples....

ex. singing from throat - www.ultimate-guitar.com/profile/throatguy (cover of Paranoid)

No.... DON'T DO IT!!!!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Lots of examples on people's profiles here at UG....

CT

you are a god

lol thats a really good idea...ive had a look at the aforementioned suggestion, seems like your best bet.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
well there's plenty of places we can hear bad singing, but we've gotta know whats wrong with the technique in each clip for this to work.
Quote by Cheeseman07
well there's plenty of places we can hear bad singing, but we've gotta know whats wrong with the technique in each clip for this to work.

The book by the author I mentioned in my earlier post does this and more. I own this book and believe me it helps a lot (whether you're a singer or public speaker, it covers both).