hey

My strat`s jack where you plug the cable, has come loose how can I tighten it back?
Breakin` the Law!
uhh. a pliers?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Try tightening it up with a spanner or something? there should be a small nut thingy screwed into the main jack to keep it tight
... what do they teach kids these days?

Nut driver, vise grips, anything to give you leverage.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
... what do they teach kids these days?

Nut driver, vise grips, anything to give you leverage.

sheesh-NOT...

actually get a screw driver & remove the whole jack plate.
hold the backside firmly while you tighten the nut.
otherwise you'll twist down the whole assembly thus breaking 1 or all soldering connections making it worse.

screw the whole jackplate back down making sure not to cross thread the screws into the wood.

either do it right or don't do it @ all or pay me double to fix your f*ckup
ch*t my dad said... it got expensive until i listened.. captain Phil mod.
Last edited by blues n cues at Jul 22, 2010,
^ We really have to tell him to remove it first? I'd have thought that would be the first step if it was loose.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ We really have to tell him to remove it first? I'd have thought that would be the first step if it was loose.

who showed you the 1st time?? noone told me- i f*cked it up doing exactly what the 1st few posters said.

i don't tell my kid to stick his hand in the spokes so he can see how bad it hurts...
Also if it doesn't have one, you can put another nut just like the one on the outside of the jack on the inside, it'll help keep it from working loose again.

One of the main reasons for those jacks working loose is a hanging cable. If you take the cable from your amp and run it between the guitar body and strap from behind and then plug it in then it won't move around and work the nut loose.
Quote by chip46
Also if it doesn't have one, you can put another nut just like the one on the outside of the jack on the inside, it'll help keep it from working loose again.

One of the main reasons for those jacks working loose is a hanging cable. If you take the cable from your amp and run it between the guitar body and strap from behind and then plug it in then it won't move around and work the nut loose.

That wont happen if you put lock washers on both sides of the jack, most manufactures and most people don't because they are cheap. The only kind of lock washer that's any good for the size you'll need are copper lock washers, not cheap I may add.
Mine came loose. I did all of the above but I improvised and used a rubber washer.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by blues n cues
who showed you the 1st time?? noone told me- i f*cked it up doing exactly what the 1st few posters said.

i don't tell my kid to stick his hand in the spokes so he can see how bad it hurts...

Nobody. I used my damn brain.