I recently acquired one for $30. I'm using this with a Fender Frontman 212R. I was using it as a lead boost with the amp's distortion. But I'd like to use it as a clean boost, with just the SMALLEST amount of grit (think Shine On You Crazy Diamond when he first uses the distortion). But even with all the controls set flat (minus the level, which is on high), the tone is WAY bright. Like, ear-piercingly so when I'm up at the 12th fret. How can I fix this?
Remember who you are, and Who's you are
roll back the highs on the amp, turn up the tone knob on the guitar a tad, lower your pickups.

see if any of those work.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Don't bother with Overdrive/Distortion Pedals. Just get a hell of a good amp with a lot of tubes. Like an engl, mesa, diezel or a marshall vintage. xD!
Yeah, I would if the world pooped money. BUT it doesn't. I'm wondering specifically what could I do for the pedal to shave some bite off. you know, give it a nice sweater to warm it's tone.
If rolling off the highs dont work, try to see if you can get your hands on an EQ pedal. They're pretty much the most useful pedals ever.

Does rolling down the tone on the pedal not work? Or the amp?
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
well, i really like the tone of the amp. and I was just trying to see if there was a modification to make the pedal's tone altering more transparent, as in NOT totally trebling-up my tone when I use it as a clean boost.
I'm not the greatest at this,
but...
Wouldn't changing the Resistor on the pot help?
..I was watching my death.